Chapter 57

Green flashed around me and I could feel my heart beating out of my chest. I didn't know if the Malfoy's were still at Diagon Alley or if they were waiting for me in my room. The flame died down around me and I looked around the room, letting out a breath of relief.

I hurried into the room, pulling my trunk out from under my bed. I heaved it on my bed and opened. I went to the wardrobe, scooping up piles of clothes and throwing them back into the trunk. Then, I picked up my books and quills, parchment, and anything else needed for school, the rest I could get a Diagon Alley. I put them in the trunk.

Lastly, I picked up my necklace from Sirius, which was safely kept in it's box and put it in my trunk. I clicked the trunk shut and put it in the fireplace.

I fought with Juniper, finally getting her in her carrier and setting it in the fireplace.

I brushed off my hands on my skirt,
I thought for a moment before going back to the wardrobe. I picked up a box that was hidden in the back.

It was the gift that Father had given me at the beginning of 5th year. I still hadn't opened it. After he died, I couldn't bring myself to.

I put it in the fireplace, scooping up the floo powder and letting a small amount run through my fingers on the floor. I dropped it, calling out.

"The burrow."