Chater 53

I felt a hard shake to my shoulder, jolting me awake. Harry startled out of his sleep. Hermione was standing over us.

"I let you two have your moment, but it's time to go."

I rubbed my eyes, beginning to remember where I was and what was going on.

Harry's hair was ruffled and his glasses were falling off his face with his head in my lap. And my sweater was falling off on my shoulder. I smiled at Harry, stretching.

He looked away, avoiding my eyes. I leaned over, herding my cat into her carrier.

I sighed, trying to diffuse the tension. "This train ride gets longer every year."

"Yeah," He chuckled awkwardly.

I sat back up. I was basically questioning everything.

How could we go from cuddling and being one step away from dating, to not even being able to carry a conversation.

I stood up to pull my trunk off of the rack, purposely to avoid his eyes.

"I'm going to miss you this summer." My eyes shifted slightly over to him. I set my trunk on the seat.

"Yeah?"

I wasn't looking, but I could hear the smug smirk on his face. I looked at him with a look of fake annoyance.

"Yeah." I let a small smile play on my lips.

"Me too."

I put down my trunk, looking at him purposefully in the eyes.

"How much?"

"Quite a bit." He smiled, standing up.

He got closer to me and I wasn't nervous, but very excited. My stomach fluttered and I felt like I was being jinxed.

As he reached for my hand, the was a tap on the compartment door. Hermione was peering through the glass.

Harry stepped back, irritated. And I groaned, not very subtly at all.

Hermione tapped her wrist, gesturing for us to hurry up.

"Ok," I sighed, picking up my trunk and cat.

Harry was hot on my tail as I left the compartment. I turned around before he could close the door, stopping him in his tracks.

"This is not over, alright?" I said, pointing at him in the chest.

He nodded quickly and giddily. I walked quicker, meeting Hermione as we walked down the corridor.

"Cock blocker." I whispered in her ear.

She shrugged, "You had all year."