Chapter 56

I kept my eyes trained on her and my head low as I followed Narcissa into a cloak shop. She smiled broadly as she went up to the shopkeeper. She whispered to the short woman.

The woman nodded, looking under her counter. She put a small box on the counter. Narcissa looked back at me as I stared at her awkwardly.

She stepped behind the counter and they turned their back on me, whispering over the small box.

Idiots.

I put my hand over my mouth, muffling myself with my sleeve. "Momentis."

The small box fell to the floor and shattered and both women gasped, quickly going to the floor to pick up the pieces.

I stepped out the door, walking quickly down the street. I turned the corner, slowing down. Right in front of me was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen.

Weasley's Wizard Wheezes.

A red shop with purple brick work and a large wizard emerging from the top.

I pulled off my cloak, leaving it on the chair outside of a pub. I jogged up to the shop, pulling open the door. It was amazing.

I looked around at the colors, and the displays, looking on in awe.

My eyes locked in on a short, poofy brown haired girl. I bounded up the stairs to the display she was looking at.

Before I could get to her, I was swept up by someone else. Arms wrapped around my waist and I stumbled back.

I immediately knew it was Harry before I could catch a glimpse of him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, laughing as I caught my balance.

"Oh, my God, Y/n." He laughed, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Hey," I chuckled.

Hermione whirled around at my named, her eyes widening when she saw me.

"Merlin's beard." She gasped. She put down the potion she was holding and rushed over to us.

Harry let go of me reluctantly and Hermione grabbed me by the shoulders, wrapping me up in a hug.

"Hi, 'Mione." I said into her hair.

"I'm so glad you're here." She asked, pulling away to look at me. "I was so worried about you."

I put my hands on her arms. "I'm fine."

"Fine?"

"Yeah." I laughed.

Ron came up behind us to see what Hermione and Harry were crowding around.

"Bloody hell, Y/n!" He laughed.

I smiled, hugging him. He swayed me back and forth. "What are you doing here?"

"School shopping." I shrugged, leaning against the railing. "I decided to take an unauthorised detour."

They all laughed, shaking their heads.

"It's nice to know you all survived with our me though." I said, "I would hate to go back to Hogwarts knowing you didn't make it because of me."

"Yeah, right." Ron scoffed.

"We did barely survive without you though, Y/n." Hermione said, "I'm ecstatic that you're back."

"Well," I sighed, pressing my lips into a thin line, "I don't think it's going to last very long. I have to go back and face the music at some point."

They looked down.

"Do you have to?" Harry asked, "I mean you could stay with us? At the burrow."

"They have my cat," I shrugged, "And they have full control of my assets until I turn 17, which isn't until February."

"We could get Juniper." Hermione suggested, "And they supervise your assets, they can't technically do anything with it. It's on lockdown until you're of age."

I thought for a moment before nodding, "Alright."

"Let's go get my cat."