Chapter 49

Even though we hadn't spoken in maybe a month or more, I had been worrying about Harry since the exams. He really didn't seem well at dinner today, kept looking around all antsy, in anticipation.

Not that I was looking.

Things had been sort of lonely lately. I love Elijah, but he wasn't the best company sometimes, especially when he was distracted with one of his many friends.

And of course, Dean was there for me. But eventually I started to feel guilty and even a bit embarrassed that I constantly badgered him, he didn't mind of course, but it's the idea of it that was unbearable.

I thought I had been doing good, but things were starting to weigh down on me and it felt like something heavy was constantly pressing down on my chest.

After Harry's episode today, it definitely was worse.

It had been a year and I missed Cedric more than anything. It was strange that I knew him for such a short time, but he constantly occupied my thoughts. I guess that just happens sometimes.

And this might have been the loneliest birthday I have had. Once again, I'm taking Dean for granted and he definitely made the birthday lovely but still, you start to miss what it used to be like.

When I had my dad, and our big house, and when he would celebrate with me.

But I had Sirius. He had helped so much, more than he could understand. I was getting and sending a letter at least everyday, it was like he was my best friend. And it was so much better now that I knew we were cousins.

I couldn't wait for his name to be cleared so that we could be a real family.

I was writing him a letter, basically summing up everything I just said. He would be extremely happy to write back and give me some of his legendary advice.

The room was dark, a single flickering candle giving me light to write. All my roommates were out, most likely at Hogsmeade. Rain was starting to patter against the window panes, and an eerie chill suddenly fell over the room

My chest started to hurt. It was happening again, it had more frequent lately. My lungs would suddenly struggle, my hands would shake, and I would get weepy for no apparent reason.

I stopped writing, propping my elbow up and lacing my fingers through my hair. I took a deep breath, staring at my wooden desk and playing with the chain of my necklace.

There was a bang on my door and I jumped high in the air, my chair screeching against the floor.

I slowly got up as silence filled my room again. There was another knock on the door, much gentler this time.

My hands were still shaking as I slowly pulled open the door.

There stood a disheveled Harry Potter.

"Harry-" My heart jumped.

"Sirius is in trouble." He said quickly.

"What?" Fear struck my heart. I dropped the grip on the door handle, my arm falling to my side. He turned around, starting back down the stairs. I followed him. "How do you know?"