Chapter 26

Hermione draped an arm over my shoulders and sighed heavily. "Well, aren't we lucky that you're here?"

I let the tears fall silently, focusing on the sound of Hermione breathing.

After a moment of silence, another thought popped into my head. "What about my Father?"

"What about him?" She hummed, trying to hide her disgust. She knew how awful he was.

"I haven't seen him all summer and- and he doesn't know I'm gone. What if he thinks something happened to me?"

She thought for a moment.

"Well, do you really even want to go back?"

I shook my head.

"Then, you'll stay with me, problem solved."

I laughed slightly, leaning my head on her shoulder. From behind the door, we could hear Ron and Harry shouting at each other

"Come on, we should get back in there before they kill each other." Hermione sighed, pulling me up.

I pushed open the door and leaned in the door frame, neither of the wizards seemed to notice me.

I cleared my throat and Harry whipped around, his wand clenched in his hand.

"Woah, no need to get jumpy." I chuckled, sitting down on Ron's bed.

Just as I sat down, George and Fred apparated next to me.

"Merlin's bloody bullocks!" I jumped, slapping George hard in the chest.

"You were saying?" Harry scoffed, crossing his arms.

"Oh, piss off." I chuckled half heartedly.

"If you're all done shouting..." George started, rubbing his chest.

"Do you wanna hear something a little more interesting?" Fred finished.

We followed them out into the hallway as they lowered one of their strange inventions.

"If anyone has a right to know, it's Harry. If it wasn't for Harry... we wouldn't even know Voldemort was back." Sirius argued against something Molly had previously said, "He's not a child, Molly."

"But he's not an adult either." Molly reasoned, "He's not James, Sirius."

"Well, he's not your son." He snapped.

"He's as good as." Molly's voice wavered, "Who else has he got?"

"He's got me."

"How touchingly paternal, Black" Snape drawled. "Perhaps Potter will grow up to be a felon, just like his godfather."

I put a hand on Harry's shoulder, knowing how uncomfortable he must be.

"Now, you stay out of this, Snivellus."

Just as we got to the good part, Crookshanks started batting at the ear.

We all whispered in a soft panic, trying to get him off. He pulled the ear off and disappeared.

"Well, we'll be eating down in the kitchen." Molly called up the stairs, "Come now, children."

The twins apparated in front of her and she cursed, putting a hand over her heart. "Just because you're allowed to use magic now... does not mean you have to whip your wands out for everything!"

I smiled, scooting past her.

I sat down at the table and picked at my food, drowning out the talk of the others.

I really didn't feel like listening to Order business.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat anxiously at the table in the kitchen, waiting for Harry's return. Most of the order stood in the doorway, waiting to hear the news.

Harry and Mr. Weasley entered through the door and were immediately swarmed with questions. I craned my neck to look at Harry and he gave me a small thumbs up.

I sighed, sitting back in my seat and letting relief wash over me.