Chapter 17

I sat down in my assigned spot next to Hera. She scowled, turning her back towards me. I tuned out Snape's teaching, grabbing a quill and writing on a scrap of paper.

'Tell me what I did wrong so that I can fix it.'

I folded the paper four times and handed it to Hera. She read it and rolled her eyes, tossing the paper back.

'I hate when you're angry with me, especially before holidays.'

I slid the note back, trying again.

She didn't even open it this time. I snatched it back, being louder than intended.

"Is there something you would like to share with the class, Ms. Fawley?"

"No sir." I grumbled, leaning on my hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hera." I called, trying to catch up with her.

She rushed into the Great Hall.

"Hera!" I snapped loudly, grabbing her wrist.

"What?" She shouted, twirling around.

I looked around, people were staring at us now.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I said, trying to keep my voice down. "You've gone completely mental."

"I've gone mental?" She scoffed, "You've been following me around all day, begging for me to talk to you like a puppy."

"Because you've been a complete bitch all day!" I groaned, "You've refused to talk to me for no reason."

"No reason? No reason!" She shouted. "You've been all Harry this, Harry that for weeks."

"No need to shout." I rolled my eyes, "That's got nothing to do with you, why do you care so much?"

"I'm just sick of it! And so is Elijah." She spat, "No one needs to hear about your love life."

"Love life." I scoffed, "So this is what it's all about, you're jealous."

She paused, looking taken aback.

"Jealous because boys actually find me interesting instead of a parasite who clings onto them constantly because you have nothing better to do than waste their time."

"Y/n." Elijah called from behind me, "Just leave it alone."

I huffed, bumping her shoulder as I went past. I sat down in my usual spot and started piling food on my plate, ignoring the stares of the people around me.

"Jealous? I'm jealous?" Hera muttered to Elijah, still in range. "What a twat."

"Stop." Elijah whispered, pushing her to the other end of the table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I waited for Fleur by a statue of an old witch.