Chapter Sixty nineeeee

There's this awful and horrifying feeling where you physically can't move. You're so absolutely petrified and you've convinced yourself that if you move, you just crumble.

I couldn't move. Couldn't breathe.

We all stared at Katie in shocked silence. My chest heaved as my breath puffed out in a cloud in front of me. Dean put an arm around me, pulling me into his side as he breathed heavily.

Ron, Harry, and Hermione came thundering down the hill behind us, stopping short when they saw the scene. Of course they were there, they were always there.

I took one step towards Katie when Hagrid yelled out.

"Get back, alla ya!" He said it so forcefully that we all immediately obeyed, taking one collective step backwards.

He effortlessly picked up Katie's thrashing body and presses her close to him as if soothing a scared animal. She goes limp in his arms.

"Now, don' touch that but by the wrappins." Hagrid nodded darkly towards the torn package that laid in the snow a few meters away.

Harry kneeled over it, taking off his scarf and wrapping the package up. We all looked back at Hagrid when he huffed and turned around.

"C'mon, 'm sure McGonagall will be wantin to talk to you lot."

With Dean's arm still around my waist, we walked up the path to the castle.

"You're sure, Katie did not have this in her
posession when she entered the Three Broomsticks?" McGonagall questioned Leanne. Hermione, Ron, Harry, and I stood behind her, waiting for questions to hit us at rapid speed when Leanne left. Dean had already been dismissed.

"It's like I said." Leanne shrugged. "She left to go to the loo, and when she came back she had the package. She said it was important that she deliver it."

"Did she say to whom?"

"To Professor Dumbledore." She squeaked.

I swallowed thickly. Some one was out to get Dumbledore, and I had an inkling suspicion.

McGonagall dismissed Leanne, who quickly scurried from the room. The Professor immediately set her eyes on us.

"Why is it when something happens it is always you four?" She sighed tiredly, her voice slightly shaky.

"Believe me, professor, I've been asking myself the same question for six years." Ron chuckled to lighten the mood.

I heard shuffling behind me as someone else entered the classroom. I looked back to see Snape before turning back around in disappointment.

"Oh Severus." McGonagall greeted. "What do you think?"

"I think," He drawled, "Ms. Bell is lucky to be alive."

"She was cursed, wasnt she?" Harry spoke up. I look towards him with concern. "I know Katie, off the quidditch pitch she wouldn't hurt a fly."

"If she was delivering that to professor Dumbledore she wasn't doing it knowingly."

"Yes, she was cursed." McGonagall said, her back to us as her and Snape examined the cursed object.