Chapter 32

I'm watching the end of GoF and I'm sad, so you have to be to.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat on the soft grass, sitting peacefully next to Cedric. His hair had fallen into his face and his checks were tinted pink from the slight chill in the air.

I sighed in content, looking back at my book.

"Problem?" Cedric bent his head down to look at my face.

"Not at all." I smiled.

I thought for a moment before looking back up at him.

"You know, the task is in three days." I started.

He chuckled, shaking his head. "No, I don't think I was aware."

"If you die, I'll kill you." I noted.

"I'm aware." He laughed, "You've told me at least a hundred times."

"Just reminding you." I chuckled.

"You're paranoid." He shook his head, looking off at the lake.

I craned my neck to see his face, "Problem?"

"Not at all." He smiled.

I jolted awake, panicking as I took in my unfamiliar surroundings.

Then I noticed Harry sitting next to me, sound asleep. I looked to my left to see Hermione asleep in an armchair with Ron on the floor next to her.

Then the memories of the night came back to me, after dinner we came back to the Gryffindor commonroom to finalise DA plans. We all must've fallen asleep, we were up pretty late.

I leaned back into the couch, sighing softly. My eyes filled with tears as I thought of the dream, although I couldn't tell if they were happy or sad. I stared at the dying fire, trying to remember every detail of Cedric's lively face.

It was strange, I hadn't had any dreams of that sort. Why did they start now?

I leaned over to Hermione, rubbing her shoulder to wake her up.

"Hey." I whispered when she opened her eyes, "We fell asleep. Do you know the time?"

She pulled out a pocket watch, squinting as she tried to read the hands by the firelight. "4:30."

I groaned softly, Ravenclaw tower is on the other side of the castle.

"You might as well sleep here tonight, luckily there are no classes tomorrow." Hermione sighed. "I'll get you a blanket and pillow from my dorm."

She bent over, shaking Ron's shoulder. "Up now, Ronald. There's no use lying on the floor."

I directed my attention to Harry's body. I chuckled slightly, his hair was ruffled and his glasses were askew. He had his head propped up on his arm and his other was up on the back of the couch.

I put my hand on his shoulder, shaking it slightly. I didn't want to wake him up harshly.

He picked his head up and looked around before realising where he was and relaxing.

"We all fell asleep, you should probably go to bed."

"Are you going to be staying here?" He asked as he started to get up.

I nodded, "I'll probably be gone once you all wake up."

I bounced my knee, staring at the fire.

"Is something wrong?" He asked.

I shook my head, "Just a dream."

"Well, I would know all about those." He said, sitting back down next to me. "Care to share?"

"I really don't want to keep you up."

"I don't mind."

I sighed, looking back at the fire.

" it was about Cedric, we were by the black lake." I started, "We were talking about the third task and... It was strange. He was acting as if he knew something was going to happen."

Harry nodded, staring at the fire as well.

"But, of course it's just a dream. No meaning." I smiled weakly.

"Right," He nodded assertively. "No meaning."

We sat in silence for a moment.

"Actually, Y/n." He paused for a moment, "I've been meaning to ask you something."

I nodded quickly, butterflies in my stomach.

Just as he opened his mouth, I heard Hermione's voice.

"Alright, so I have your blanket and a pillow."

I stood up quickly.

"Is there anything else you need?" She asked

I shook my head taking the blankets from her, "That's all."

"Right, well, we should be going to bed, come on Harry." Harry followed her.

"Goodnight." Hermione called as she went up the stairs.

"Goodnight, Y/n." Harry sighed tiredly before turning to go up the stairs.

"Goodnight, Harry."