Chapter 50

My feet thundered as we ran down the bridge. The sun was starting to rise again and I was starting to feel exhausted.

I smiled a bit as we saw Hermione and Harry running towards us. But my smile faltered as I realized I still wasn't wanted there.

"How'd you get away?" Hermione said breathlessly.

"Puking Pastilles. It wasn't pretty." Ginny shook her head.

"Told them I was hungry, wanted some sweets." Ron shrugged, handing Harry and Hermione their wands. "They told me to bugger off and ate the lot themselves."

"That was clever, Ron." Hermione smiled.

"Has been known to happen." He said nonchalantly, trying to shrug off how flustered he was.

"It was brilliant." Neville said encouragingly. "So, how we getting to London?"

I looked back at Harry expectantly.

Harry looked at each of us in awkward silence.

"Look, it's not that I don't appreciate everything you've done, all of you..." He looked at me, staring just long enough for it to be noticeable. "But I've got you into enough trouble as it is."

He pushed through us.

"Dumbledore's army is about doing something real." Neville spoke up, stopping Harry in his tracks. "Or was that all just words to you?"

We stood looking at him.

"Maybe you don't have to this all by yourself, Mate." Ron stepped forward slightly.

Harry swallowed hard.

"So how are we going to get to London?"

"We fly of course." Luna had a big grin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I clung onto the neck of the Threstral. For being Captain of the Quidditch team, I had a horrible fear of heights. I thought I was going to puke.

My Threstral caught up with Harry and I'm not going to lie, I stared. His hair was windswept and his cheeks were pink from the wind.

I smiled.

The ride was definitely longer than I would have preferred, but I felt relieved as the lights of London came into view from under the clouds.

We swooped down, avoiding flashing lightning. Thankfully I did not have to control the Threstral as it followed Harry's lead and gently landed.

We ran quickly down the lobby of the ministry and to the elevator.

I stood anxiously in between Hermione and Luna as the elevator dinged.

"Department of Mysteries."

The elevator opened to deafening silence, much different than what I expected.

I followed Harry.

"This is it."

I held my wand tightly in my hand, it was the best security I had. We followed him down the corridor, stopping at a door at the end. He opened slowly to reveal the archives.