Chapter 54

I jumped off the step of the train, tugging the strap of my bag on my shoulder. I joined Hermione by her side and stood next to her silently. My eyes wandered over to Malfoy who was standing by the entrance of the platform by himself.

Hermione turned towards me, catching my eyes. "You're staring."

"Right." I nodded, looking back towards her. "Godric, I think I'm about to spew."

She stay silent, taking a deep breath in. We watched as Harry and Ron went up to Mrs. Weasley, engulfing her in big hugs.

"This is where you tell me that it's gonna be alright." I nudged her playfully.

"Right," She chuckled halfheartedly.

"It is gonna be alright," I said to her, "I can handle being there for just two months, I just can't get into any trouble."

She nodded.

"I'll do my best to write, okay?" I looked down at her. She was clutching onto the strap of her bag now, staring at Malfoy.

He was still lingering by the entrance, keeping his eyes trained on us.

"C'mon," I said, grabbing onto her arm. I pulled her over to where Harry and the Weasleys were reuniting.

I joined Harry by his side, watching the excitement of the ginger family. He put an arm around my shoulders, smiling at me.

I gave him a smile, looking off a bit. His smile faltered and I noticed immediately.

"I've got to get going soon," I said quietly, putting my hand over his hand that was draped on me.

"Right, yeah." He nodded.

"I'll see you in two months, yeah?" I said, turning towards him.

"Yeah," He said quietly. He wrapped me up in a hug and I relished in it, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Stay safe, alright?" He said into my ear.

I smiled, laughing softly. I rested my chin on his shoulder, enjoying the hug for a minute longer.

I pecked his cheek before pulling away.

"I'll be fine, don't worry, ok?"

He nodded. I gave him a smile before turning to Hermione. I wrapped her in a hug as well.

"Two months, ok?" I said. She nodded, sighing deeply.

I hugged Ron next, "Keep them under control for me, yeah?"

As I pulled back from him, I saw the three pairs of eyes on me.

I chuckled, picking up Juniper's carrier. "Guys, come on, it's two months. I'll be fine."

All three of them nodded unconvincingly.

I took a deep breath, giving them a final nod before going towards Malfoy.

As he realised I was headed for him, he immediately straightened up, pushing himself off the wall.

I stood in front of him awkwardly. He looked back at me, holding onto his bag as well.

"Are we going?" I looked towards the platform exit.

He rolled his eyes, turning on his heel. As I followed him, I didn't look back. I knew that if I looked back at my friends it would make leaving even more difficult.

He stormed through muggles in the train station, pushing them out of the way but still being careful not to actually touch them. I shot them apologetic looks as I followed after him.

As we walked down the London streets, I marvelled at the sights. The cars, the clothing, and the buildings. Malfoy didn't even faltered as he walked.

We walked through the leaky cauldron and he didn't even stop to acknowledge the other wizards. Whenever I would go home, I would always stop for a chat. I just gave everyone a smile as we went to the back.

By the time I caught up with Malfoy, the wall was already opening. He quickly stepped through, going down the streets of Diagon Alley.

He stepped into Borgen and Burkes, giving the shopkeeper a curt nod. I stood tensely as he took a handful of floo powder in his hand.

"Malfoy Manor!" He called out.

A green flash and he was gone.

In the two seconds he was gone, I already felt uneasy being alone with the shopkeeper who was staring at me with a gap tooth grin, his white hair going haywire.

I set down my trunk in the fireplace, putting Juniper's cage on top of it, and taking a large handful of floo powder in my hands. I straightened my jumper and dropped the powder.

"Malfoy Manor!"