Chapter 22

I shut my trunk and turned to clean out my nightstand. There was small box on the corner of my nightstand.

It was so small, that I won't have noticed it if it weren't for me packing.

I picked it up, it was velvet and had something small in it.

I opened up the bow and a small, hand written note fell out. I unfolded it and my heart sank.

I know I have been very caught up in all of this tournament stuff, but I want you to know how much I appreciate you for being my friend. Consider this a late birthday present for you, I hope you have a terrific summer. If you lose it, I'll kill you.

~Cedric

I stared at the small sapphire pendant. My vision blurred and I didn't know whether to be happy or sad. My thumb rubbed over the note and I read his messy hand writing over and over.

I put on the necklace, stuffing the note in my back pocket.

I sniffled, wiping the tears from my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Vous allez tellement me manquer tous les deux!" I smiled, hugging Gabrielle and Fleur.

"Promets d'écrire." I said as I pulled away from Fleur.

"Promis." Fleur chuckled.

Madam Maxime called her over to leave.

"Au revoir." I smiled sadly.

Gabrielle waved to me as they got onto the carriage.

I wandered over to Hermione, sitting down next to her.

"Are you alright?" She asked, putting an arm around me.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"You must promise to write me." I started, "I'll be absolutely miserable if you don't."

"Of course I will." She promised. "I've got to go, I'll see you in the train."

I nodded as she walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat in an empty compartment with Juniper sleeping on my lap. The door opened slightly and Hermione poked her head in.

"Can we join you?" She asked.

"Of course." I nodded.

She walked in and Harry and Ron followed. Harry quickly looked between Hermione and I and Hermione motioned for him to sit down.

He sat down next to me and juniper immediately got up, curling up in his lap. I chuckled, petting her head.

Hermione had already started complaining to Ron that he needed to write to her. Harry was softly stoking Juniper's head.

I laughed as Ron threw his head back, groaning, and banged it on the wall behind him.

"Not funny." He whined, rubbing the back of his head.

"It was hilarious." I teased.

"It was pretty funny, Ron." Harry agreed.

Juniper mewed, stretching out across both our laps. I cooed, rubbing under her chin.

"I didn't know you had a cat, Y/n." Hermione leaned forward to pet her.

"Yeah," I smiled, "She was my mother's."

"Well, she's absolutely adorable." She smiled.

Juniper chirped, looking over at Hermione, watching her intently.

"Yeah, she's pretty great."