Chapter 64

I sat on my broom, hovering just above the ground lazily. It was a brand new Comet 290 that Narcissa had bought for me. Even if they hate me, they couldn't stand the idea that I would have a lowly Firebolt.

Quidditch tryouts were today, and I was mostly just looking forward to getting it over with.

Although I pretty much knew which returning players I wanted on my team, I still had to evaluate the 2nd and 3rd years that were trying out for the first time. Maybe if there was an exceptionally talented newcomer, I'd cut an older player.

There wasn't a lot of people in the stand. I could see where Hermione, Ron, Dean, Ginny, Elijah, and Harry had sat. Besides Hermione, I think they were mostly there to intimidate my players. A few rows below them, Luna and Terry sat with a few other Ravenclaws, including Hera.

Roger Davies stood in front of my broom, watching as the wannabe players stood in front of us. I had already decided that he was guaranteed a spot. It might be favoritism but he was the best player Ravenclaw had seen. He had been the Captain in my 3rd and 5th year but had decided to step down this year.

I slipped off my broom, which dropped on the ground behind me. As soon as I stepped in front of Davies, the players fell silent.

"So, we're going to be starting off with some drills," I started, "Just play how you normally would, don't try to show off. I want to see your strengths."

They all stared at me, some nervously and some over confident.

"Then Davies will split you off into two groups so I can see how you all play as a team. Sound good?"

They all nodded, immediately getting on their brooms and getting up in the air.

I don't know what I was expecting but I was impressed. More people gathered in the stands as we went on with the try outs.

Of course, there were some people who obviously didn't want to be there and some people who shouldn't be there but over all it was going to be a super hard choice.

About 3/4's of the way through the meet, I left Davies to split the two teams up and flew over to the stands where my friends were sitting.

"So, what are we thinking?" I asked, hovering above them.

"I think Chang is a guaranteed winner." Elijah joked.

"Shut up." I leaned down, laughing as I knocked him in the back of the head.

I adjusted myself slightly so I could look at Dean.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"What are you thinking about 24 and 25?" He asked, referring to the jerseys that the twins were wearing.

"Well, 24 is going for a chaser," I said, watching her as she flew through the pitch. "She has great techniques but she second guesses herself and waits for the other chasers to make the first move."

"And 25 is a pretty good beater, he's bloody strong. He could probably knock me off my broom if I wasn't paying attention." That made Ron gulp as he watched my players.

"I hate to say it," I started, looking back at Elijah, "But I think I know who my Seeker is going to be."

I heard a whistle blow and then saw Davies waving me back to the pitch. I waved a goodbye as I went back to the field.

"Okay," I said once my feet were touching the ground again. Davies handed me a piece of parchment and I scanned over it before talking again.

"You all did brilliant. Very, very great. For the next two days, Davies and I are going to talk and we will tell you all our decision on Friday after classes." I said.

"Really you all did splendid." I reiterated. "Remember to drink a lot of water and not to stress. And the pitch is open to all the students at any time of the day."

After the players had left, the stands cleared out, and Davies and I got bored talking about team decisions, I headed back to the locker room to finally peel off my quidditch gear and throw them into my locker.

As I was plaiting my hair, leaving the locker room and starting to go up the hill, I felt someone behind me.

I turned around to see the blonde twins. They kept seeming to pop up everywhere.

"Hey, Y/n," The taller boy smiled.

"Hi," I said.

"We just wanted to introduce ourselves since we have some of the same classes," The American accent seemed to punch me in the face, "I'm Aurum."

"And I'm Alina." She spoke up next.

Now that I could see them up close, they weren't all that similar like I had thought before. Aurum's hair was tightly curled and his eye were a warm brown, while Alina's hair was in a sleek pin straight ponytail that ended in the middle of her back, with the brightest green eyes ever.

"It's nice to meet you," I nodded, "You guys both did amazing, it was quite impressive. Did you both play at..."

"Ilvermorny." Alina finished for me. I nodded, crossing my arms in front of me. "We both played for our houses, and Aurum was the captain for Thunderbird last year."

In case you were unaware, Ilvermorny has four house like Hogwarts. Thunderbird which favors adventurers, Pukwudgie, healers while Wampus favors warriors, and Horned Serpent values scholars.

"Who did you play for?" I asked.

"Pukwudgie." She answered.

"We were in different houses, obviously," Aurum added, smiling. "It's kinda weird that we both got sorted into Ravenclaw. I totally thought I was going to get Gryffindor..."

"And I thought I was gonna get Hufflepuff." Alina added. "Different values, I guess."

I nodded, starting up the hill. They walked by my side as we got up to the bricked path.

"Well, you know they say the Sorting Hat sees what's deep inside," I shrugged.

They nodded.

"So, do you like Hogwarts so far?"

"It's definitely different," Alina nodded slowly. "The UK is just different in general. Some of the accents are difficult to understand, you know?"

"Even the No-Majs are different." Aurum added. I chuckled, nodding.

"All muggles are fascinating to me," I shrugged, "But I get the accent thing. I'm going to be frank, some of the accents here are difficult to understand."

"Wow, you saying that is wild." Alina laughed.

"Hey, my accent is not that difficult to understand." I laughed along as we went through the courtyard.

"Maybe to other Brits." Aurum shrugged.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes. Suddenly, as we were starting to walk through the hall, the two stopped abruptly. I turned around, trying to see what they were looking at.

Here was storming through the hall in the opposite direction. They both had mortified looks on their face.

Yikes.