Chapter 18

I sat in the chair in front of the vanity, putting the finishing touches on my makeup. I just had light foundation and highlighter, with some mascara.

My knee bounced up and down as I waited for Fleur, she was supposed to be here twenty minutes ago to do my hair.

"Je suis là, désolé!" She said, bursting through the door, "J'aidais des amis."

"Merci, dieu!" I exclaimed, "Tu sais que je suis suce aux cheveux."

"Et tu sais que j'ai du maquillage." She nodded as she pulled out her wand.

"Comment voulez-vous faire vos cheveux?"

"Vous décidez." I shrugged.

She waved her wand and my hair curled up into neat curls. She braided half of it loosely, taking a handful of star shaped pins and clipping them into my hair.

"Oh, c'est beau!" I gasped, looking through a small handheld mirror.

"D'accord, à ton tour." I beckoned, pulling her into the chair.

"Qu'aimeriez-vous faire aujourd'hui, mademoiselle?"  I asked, fluffing her hair.

"Un peu de maquillage léger." She giggled, "Peut-être de l'or."

I did her makeup quickly as we talked and laughed.

"D'accord, c'est fait." I put the brush down. "Superbe. Je dois entrer dans ma robe, je peux te rencontrer en bas?"

"Oui." She nodded, "J'ai juste besoin de mettre les touches finales sur mes cheveux."

I nodded, going into my dorm. Surprisingly, none of the other girls were in there so I could get ready in peace.

I unzipped the bag and held up the dress. I flipped it on both sides.

"Now how in the hell?" I muttered.

"Fleur!" I called, "Comment tu le mets?"

"Feet first."

"Merci." I called back.

I put the dress on, trying to tie the corset. I couldn't reach behind me to lace it up.

"Fleur, tu peux m'aider à faire de ma robe?" I groaned.

She came out of the bathroom, her hair not fully done yet.

"Tu dépends trop de moi, tu le sais, non?" She chuckled as she tied me up.

"Ouais, ouais." I laughed.

"Ok, tu es bon d'y aller."

"Merci." I called as she went back to the bathroom.

I brushed off my skirt and added some highlighter to my shoulders. I ran down the stairs to the common room which was empty.

Everyone must be down already. I hope Fleur won't be late.

I went down the hallway, arriving at the top of the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs were Fleur and her date. I didn't even try to understand how she got there.

She grinned really big, motioning to Dean who was standing next to her. I smiled, walking down the stairs.

"Hey, " He smiled, offering his arm.

"Hey, " I laughed softly as I took it, "You look dashing."

He was wearing sleek, black dress robes and a small rose in his breast pocket.

"I do my best." He shrugged. I laughed, looking around.

Hermione Granger came down the stairs slowly. Her hair was done up beautifully and she had a gorgeous pink dress on. She looked like a princess.

"Oh, she looks darling!" I gasped, tapping Dean's arm. I pulled him over to her.

"Hermione, you look wonderful!" I complimented. "I just love your hair."

"Thank you." She looked down, blushing. "Your dress is gorgeous."

"Why thank you!" I smiled, "Oh, I don't think you ever told me who you are going with."

"Oh, um." She blushed, giving me a look to quit it.

Well, I guess we'll find out." I winked, hearing Professor McGonagall guiding people into the Great Hall.

We walked into the incredible room. There were tall Christmas trees all around.

We moved to the side to let the champions through. Harry walked in with Parvarti Patil clinging onto his arm. I felt a twinge of jealousy but refused to let it ruin my night.

I gave him a thumbs-up as he went past, he smiled before Parvati moved him along. Then, Fleur walked past with Davies. I winked as she went past, she giggled slightly as she shook her head.

Cedric walked past me next and I wiggled my eyebrows, earning a glare from Cho as Cedric chuckled.

Then, Viktor Krum walked with his date and I almost didn't realize it was Hermione.

'Wow.' I mouthed as she walked past. She giggled, looking back at Viktor.

"You really know everyone." Dean muttered to me.

"I'm talented, what can I say?" I shrugged.