Chapter One

Thank you so much for opening my story!! I have the first 9 chapters pre written but after that it's up to the readers if I should continue. Make sure to leave your thoughts in comments!
I hope you enjoy!
Love blob243

S. 1 - Ep. 7 - Haunted

Abbe's POV:

    I let out a loud groan as another witch came at me with a spell. My forehead scrunched up in confusion as she attempted... I'm not sure what she was attempting. It didn't work as her heart was soon in my hand and her body falling to the floor with a thud.

    I sighed as I looked down at her, shaking my head in disapproval before turning to make sure each of the twelve witches was dead. It's not that I don't like witches, I honestly have admiration for them and the things they can achieve. But when they decide to try and rid this world of me... let's just say things don't ever go their way.

    Although, killing was something I did enjoy. In fact, I was much like my older brother, Kol, in that way. Before 1702 and for a few weeks in 1821, when he was not daggered, we would often go on killing sprees together. Enjoying the hunt and feed before laughing at the headlines of the newspaper the next morning. I can't wait to see him again, although, with my current running from my third oldest brother and the fact that Kol is still out of commission, I doubt that would be happening anytime soon.

    I fled from my place in the alley while whipping my hands of the blood. My eyes catch sight of the time and I quickly pick up my pace. The travel agency closes in less than twenty minutes and I still need to purchase a plane ticket. To where? Charlottesville Virginia, or more specifically, Mystic Falls. I'm heading home after an extended summer vacation in South America.

    You see, I've always been one for information. I have a tendency to know things and not only things that concern me. For the past eighty-seven years, I've been travelling the globe in search of the doppelgangers, the female ones at least. And yes I do know about all that Silas crap. So while everyone else thinks Tatia was the first, I know she wasn't. So far I've met five, Tatia and Katerina Patrova, when I was with my family and then in the last eighty years three more. One died from old age, one by my hand. The fifth? Elena Gilbert.

    I don't normally become friends with them, I only get close enough to know about them and keep track of them. But with Elena it was different, she was living in Mystic Falls, my birthplace over one-thousand years ago. And I made friends with her by mistake. She was nice and sweet plus because of a witches' spell I had looked twelve like her at the time. Elena and her two best friends, Caroline and Bonnie, were quick to adopt me into their little group. So, for the past four years, I've lived in Mystic Falls as a highschool student, something I never thought could be so fun. Of course, no one knows I'm a vampire.

    After buying my plane ticket I dialled the number of Caroline Forbes. "Happy Halloween!" I shouted as I heard her pick up. She squealed and told Bonnie it was me.

    "Oh my god! Where have you been! We've missed you so much! Please tell me you're coming back!" Caroline rambles excitedly, I giggle at her enthusiasm.

    "Yep! Finally! I'll be there tomorrow!" I say, making my way towards the airport. I'd compelled for a flight this afternoon.

    "How is everything?" I question, they knew what I really meant. How was Elena?

    Caroline sighed as I heard Bonnie take the phone. Was something wrong? "Elena's great." I let out a sigh of relief, "But, she's caught up in boy drama now." I chuckled, Elena was a boy magnet, same with me but I just ignored them all, she was too nice to do that.

    "Where is she now?"

    "Probably riding with Stefan on his white horse to his Salvatore mansion." I sucked in my breath, Stefan Salvatore? Does that mean... Damon. Is he there too? My heart was beating faster and faster as my mind mulled over it. Would Damon be with his brother? Had they made up? God, I hope so!

    "As you can hear, Caroline's a little jealous." Bonnie giggled, snapping me out of my thoughts. I gave an awkward laugh.

    "Wait! Do we know what Elena is wearing tonight?" Caroline suddenly questioned, causing me to outright laugh. Same old Caroline.

    I heard the bell and sighed, I would have a lot of catching up to do since I'm starting the school year in November. "We better go, see you tomorrow, Abbe!" Bonnie called as the line disconnected.

    My mind wouldn't stop, it chanted the name over and over. Damon Salvatore. Damon Salvatore. Damon Salvatore. How could he be alive? I started looking for him in 1950 and just as I got close he vanished. He had disappeared, the people he used to hang out with hadn't seen him in years and his relative Joseph Salvatore was found dead in Mystic Falls. He was just gone. I gave up after a while, deciding on heading to Europe where I'd stayed after finding a female doppelganger. I shook my head, that man had me feeling so many things.

    Damon's POV:

    This time I made a point of walking past the picture. Unlike last time when I stumbled upon it by accident.
Her picture. I stop and stare at her smiling face, dirty blonde hair and green eyes. She was in a cheerleading outfit, which I couldn't help but find incredibly sexy. She was in the middle of a group hug along with Elena, Bonnie and Caroline.

   I closed my eyes tight before opening them again. Yep, she was still there, this wasn't a dream. Elena Gilbert somehow had a picture of the girl I had been thinking about for almost a century. Since the night she left, we always knew she was going to leave at some point. She told me the first night we spent together. I knew she was leaving, yet when it came time. I was heartbroken.

   When I'd seen the picture of Abbe last week I'd immediately questioned Elena about it. But she was simply one of her best friends, along with Bonnie and Caroline. It's obvious she has no idea Abbe is a vamp. I knew she would return soon, Elena said she was in South America for the summer and her trip got extended.

    I didn't want to see her yet though, I needed to sort out my feelings still. I know I like her, definitely like her. But love? Don't I love Katherine?

   I shake my head to clear my thoughts and meet Elena and Stefan outside. "It's done. Little Gilbert thinks Vicky Donovan left town and that it's for the best." She nods, I leave quickly. I need to sort out my head.