Chapter Thirty-One

We got a little slip of Jace's at home life, Abbe's background as a witch and some intense magic from our resident heretic!

Hope you guys enjoy!

-blob243

S. 3 - Ep. 9 - Homecoming

Part Two

Jace's POV:

"Hey, Mom!" I called out from my bedroom. "I'm heading out, now!" I walked through the house, and into the living room. Sara Turcotte, my mother, sat on an armchair with a bottle of beer in her hand as she watched the television with no look of recognition whatsoever. "Where're the girls?" I asked, referring to my two younger half-sisters who hadn't been home since I'd gotten back from Abbe's house.

Sara didn't answer but kept staring at the tv. I walked over and turned off the tv, she didn't even seem to realize.

"Mom!" I growled in frustration.

She didn't look up at me but she spoke. "They went out, Kris." I rolled my eyes. Kris was my father's name.

Kris Turcotte. He'd unhappily been married to my mother for five years, in which time I was born and he left. No contact. Many men had come and gone since then, only two had stayed longer than nine months. Alice and Kylie's fathers. Alice's Dad stayed around until she was four months old, he was no contact now, just like mine. While Kylie's Dad broke it off with Mom when Kylie was six months, he paid an insane amount of child support and saw her about three times a year.

"You need to get the girls dinner. I'll be home late." I said as I slipped on my shoes, she didn't respond. "Mom!"

"Yeah, yeah. Feed the kids. I got it." She mumbled drunkenly. I slammed the door on my way out of the house. As I approached my truck I growled in frustration and slammed my fist down on the hood. A large dent was left when I removed my hand and I sighed, opening the hood and bending the metal back into shape. My phone rang and I picked it up as I saw Damon's caller ID.

"We got a problem." He greeted and I groaned.

"Man, I can't deal with any more problems right now. What is it?" I sighed getting into the truck.

"Elena daggered your date." I loudly growled and Damon waited for me to calm down. "Also, plans have changed. The gym's flooded, the party's moved to Tyler's house. Maria knows already, she's your new date, she'll meet you there."

"Damn it," Maria couldn't get into the Lockwood mansion it would be problematic. "Got it, see you later." I hung up and tossed my phone across the seat. This day couldn't get much worse, right?

Abbe's POV:

I groaned, I tried to move but the pain made me stop. I hadn't felt pain like this in many many years. It was as if my skin was sandpaper against my veins and when I opened my eyes the sheer energy it took was enough to make me fall unconscious again.

The next time I awoke I sat up and dizziness washed over me, I was still disoriented when my memories from this morning surfaced. It'd been dark out still when I'd pulled into a gas station, I'd bought a chocolate bar and filled up my car before heading back to the driver-side door. But as I'd reached for the handle a few dozen witches had come from the area around, exiting cars and coming from the trees. I'd finally fallen into unconsciousness after killing about ten. But not before I'd seen the face of my captor, Mikael.

Now, as I stood, I used my vamp hearing to determine that the van was surrounded by witches. Too many to take on in my current state. I winced at every movement, a witch had clearly spelled me. An old spell, one from my time studying spells, I'd created this one. The spell of Þurrkað blóð, dried blood. They pretty much desiccated me. I looked over my arms, my skin had a gray tinge and my viens were dark as well. I cursed, the van door opened to reaveal my step-father.