Chapter Twenty-One

Hey guys!

So, I have some bad news... I'm canceling my Amazon Prime account. 😢
This means I won't have the ability to watch The Vampire Diaries for much longer to remind myself of the story line while writing. I'm going to try and write as many chapters as possible before this happens at the end of January 2022. So they're will probably be an influx of chapters over the next month, YAY! But, after that I will be going by memory so bear with me.

Also OMG! This story is currently 18th in themikaelsons tag out of more than 700 stories!! Thank you so much!

-blob243

S.2 - Ep. 20 - The Last Day

Part Two

Abbe's POV:

I picked up Kylie and Alice from their uncle's house and we headed to the Grill. I was suppressing my emotions, not thinking about Damon, not feeling anything for him. I hadn't completely shut off my emotions though, only the feelings that were related to Damon. I learned this trick years ago on a trip to Mexico, you can keep your emotions yet block them specifically with one person, but if you interact with that person too much your emotions for them will come back. It was useful as I walked in only to see Damon heading towards the door, towards me.

But somehow I didn't care, as I made eye contact with him my stare was blank, void of emotion. I knew this was the perfect time to break up with him. Before my emotions came back and I was flooded with hurt and anger.

"Girls, you guys go ahead and find us a table, I'll be right back." They nodded and headed towards a booth while I turned to Damon and gave him a fake smile. "We need to talk." I led him outside and Ric stood a little ways away, giving us some privacy.

"Are you ok?" Damon questioned.

I sighed, "Damon, I think we should split up." His eyes went wide, "This-" I motioned between us, "-isn't going to work if you have feelings for another girl."

"What? No, Abbe. I don't have feelings for anyone else!" He defended, shaking his head. He stepped forward to grab hold of my arms but I backed away worried his contact would let the emotional mess I was earlier, come back.

"You have always loved the doppelgangers more than me. First Katerina and now Elena. I'm not going to be a backup plan Damon, I'm better than that." I could feel my emotions starting to come back now. Damon looked hurt beyond belief, his breathing was shallow and rapid.

"We're done, Damon." I turned to leave, but his hand grasped my wrist and halted me.

"How can I get you back?" He pleaded. I didn't look at him but my emotional wall cracked and forced me to answer.

"You'd have to choose me, Damon. And not be in love with someone else. That's how you'd get me back." With that, I pulled my hand away and walked back into the Grill.

I let out a long breath, pushing back my thoughts about my now ex-boyfriend. My eyes scanned for Alice and Kylie only for my dead heart to skip a beat. My big brother sat at their table talking with the youngest girl adamantly about something while Alice looked skeptically at the stranger.

"Niklaus what the bloody hell are you doing?" The words slipped out of my mouth accidentally, causing my brother to turn to me with a cheery smile. I glared at him.

"Come, sit down. It's been much too long." Niklaus grinned at me.

"Not long enough," I mumbled as I sat beside Klaus, Alice and Kylie sitting opposite of us. "What do you want brother?" I questioned, noticing Alice listening intently to our conversation as Kylie was engrossed in colouring her kids' menu.