Chapter Ten

Thank you so much for the first comment and vote on this story in the last chapter! I'm so excited that people are actually reading and enjoying this book!

Please feel free to suggest ways I could make my writing more enjoyable and easier to understand.
Thank you all so much! Hope you enjoy!

-blob243

S. 2 - Ep. 10 - The Sacrifice

Abbe's POV:

"Hey, I'm on my way to Mystic Falls." I sighed through the phone.

It had been a stressful few days. Klaus hadn't left the house after our little spat for a full two days, trying to get me to leave the room. Once he left I made my move, I grabbed my bag and stole a car. I ended up eating the previous owner so it was officially mine now.

"Change of plans, I'm headed to Richmond. Elena's tryna get herself killed. Again." Damon groaned back as I heard his car shift to park.

"Kay, text me the address I'll meet you there." I responded before hanging up.

It took twenty minutes for me to arrive at the apartment I recognized easily as Slater's. I cursed knowing Elena could have easily contacted any higher up vamp with just a glance through one of his files. My only comfort was that I hadn't yet been notified.

"There's nothing here for you," I heard Damon's voice echo through the hall as I headed to Slater's apartement. I smirked knowing my entrance would be beautiful.

I sped to the open door, three vamps stood in front of me facing Damon, Elena and Rose. I snapped the spine of the closest one, effectively cutting off the blood circulation to his heart, he was grey and veiny by the time I had sped in front of the other two.

Everyone had now turned to me, Damon was the only one who looked pleased, with an amused smirk from my entrance. Elena looked ready to barf, while the two vamps closest to me looked confused.

A terrified Rose tried to run away, but she made the mistake of running past me. I grabbed her arm and sped her to a wall choking her while her arms uselessly flailed in my grip. "Give me one good reason why I should spare you. You have five seconds, Rose-Marie." I spat.

Rose had betrayed my family. Betrayed my brother's trust and betrayed mine in the process. "El-Elijah, h-he forgave me!" She stuttered, trying to breath in my death grip. I eyed her.

"Trevor, where might he be now?" I spoke lowly, threatening her. If she wasn't lying Trevor should be dead. Elijah would have killed him. My theory was confirmed when her eyes glistened with tears. I let her go, she stumbled back to the ground as I turned around to the two vamps still watching with peaked curiosity.

"Who are you?" I questioned strutting towards them.

"Who are you?" The supposed leader challenged back. I rose my eyebrows at him before answering.

"I'm Abbe." That's all I had to say. Both men took two steps back and the one who had spoken started to stutter.

"We-we were going to bring her to y-you. She's the doppelganger." He pointed to Elena. That was it, the last word in the first sentence. That was the lie.

"Why is it, people are always bringing things to Klaus. Where have all my loyalties run off to? Hmmm?" I questioned, the man swallowed hard.

"Ummm, there, there was a- a rumor that you were dead." He stuttered again. I sighed, annoyed.

"Can't I just be off the radar for 80 years without everyone thinking I'm dead." I muttered, before getting back on track. "Anyway, does anyone else know you're here?" I questioned, compelling the man. He shook his head.

I smiled at him. "Then you have both been extremely helpful." I then yanked out both their hearts simultaneously. There was a loud gasp from Elena as the hearts hit the floor. Although when a second one followed I spun around and I met the eyes of my brother.

Elijah took in the room in a second before speeding to me. His eyes racked me looking for any sign of injury, as he handed me a cloth to wipe my hands.

"You were dead." Damon states suddenly, I turn to him quizzically. The sense that Elijah, Damon and Elena had met already put me on edge. "I killed you." He continued in a whisper.

"Yes, for centuries now." Elijah spoke without emotion, I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at his antics. I spotted Rose slip out the door but I didn't try to stop her.

"Why are you here?" I asked him. Turning away from an utterly confused Damon, Elijah's eyes slit as he looked me over again.

"Why are you here?" He repeated. This time I did roll my eyes.

"I asked first. Now, answer my question." I say sending a concerned look to Elena who just looked a mix a terrified and confused.

Elijah may have looked calm and collected but I could tell he was getting irritated with my uncooperativeness. My fingers stared to play with my ring, spinning it around my finger and my heart quickened. Picking up on my growing nervousness, Elijah sighed.

"I will contact you soon." He said before speeding away.

I turned to Damon and Elena, "What happened to keeping her safe?" I growled.

He groaned, "Gets kind hard when she's going behind my back trying to get herself killed!" he hisses, I sigh.

"Really Elena? You're suicidal now?" I huffed, she just stared at me. "What?"

"How do you know Elijah?" She questions, I groan.

"Well-" She cuts off my response.

"How did you know I was here? Or who Rose was? And where have you been for the past few weeks!?" She rambled.

"I need something to drink." I say, walking out the door. Elena follows hurriedly after me as Damon chuckles.

"Abbe, I need answers!" Elena pressed as we reached my car.

"Hmmm, and I need alcohol." I respond opening the drivers side door.

Truthfully I didn't want to have this conversation. Elijah and Klaus being my brothers was a large complication and I was worried everyone would hate me for it. Damon and Elena had already met Elijah and Damon had staked him. Meaning Elijah is most likely not the biggest fan of them at the moment. Plus Klaus was trying to sacrifice Elena in a ritual to unlock his werewolf side.

I huffed as Elena slammed my car door shut. "Elijah is my older brother." She stood there for a moment in thought before Damon spoke up.

"You're kidding?" I gave him a look that said 'I wish'.

"Wh-, um-, how-," Elena frowned at her inability to form a sentence. I re-opened my car door. I got into my car and looked up at Elena and Damon.

"I'm tired, I just broke out of my other brother's house and I'm in dire need of a shower. We'll talk tomorrow afternoon." I say before closing my door and pulling out of the parking lot, leaving a stunned Elena.