Chapter Fifteen

Short chapter sorry!
- Blob243

S. 2 - Ep 15 - The Dinner Party

Abbe's POV:

It was almost nine when I got a phone call from Elijah. "Shhhhh!" I hissed at my friends as I answered. Laura giggled in her drunken state and Troy just poured himself another glass not even acknowledging that he heard me. Jace pulled me closer to him so he could hear the call as well.

"Hey," I answered. When I heard laboured breathing on the other line I grew worried. "Elijah?" I questioned.

"You gave them a dagger!?" My brother's usually calm voice was angry, frantic and accusing, I immediately pushed back farther into Jace and he wrapped his arms around me in comfort.

"What are you talking about? Of course not!" I spoke, trying to keep my voice steady.

"Then how would Damon get a dagger?" Elijah hissed, I thought for a moment before it came to me.

"John Gilbert! He was on the council and he has ties to Katerina and Isobel." I say walking out of the room in case Laura or Troy remember anything tomorrow. I can hear Elijah's breathing go down and he lets out a long breath.

"My apologies Little Sister, I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions." Elijah says, I nod and rest my forehead against a wall, cooling down from my fear.

"Are you ok? Did they use the dagger?" I question once I get my breathing under control.

"I'm fine, yes. They did but they took it out." He explains and I relax a bit.

"Be careful Elijah. And please don't hurt anyone." I plead, he sighs.

"Stay home tonight." He says before hanging up. I look at my phone and exhale loudly. I call Damon but he doesn't answer.

Damn it! I punch the wall and curse as my fist breaks the dry wall. That's gonna need to be fixed.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Jace asks, worriedly. He comes over and pulls me to face him and look into his eyes.

"Somehow John got a dagger and he gave it to Damon. Damon daggered Elijah but he didn't leave it in so he's ok now." I rambled, Jace nodded along as he tried to calm me down. Taking my shaking hands in his own.

This was bad. This gave Elijah a good reason to break his deal with Elena. He would take her right now as well as kill the Salvatore brothers as payback. I closed my eyes and exhaled again. I pulled from Jace and dialed Elijah's number, it continued to ring but he didn't pick up. Next I phoned Damon, no response. Then Elena, still none. And Stefan, nothing.

"Abbe calm down, I bet everyone is fine. You can go see them in the morning. Elijah told you to stay home, right?" I nod at Jace and he rested his forehead against mine. "Then we'll do exactly what he said, ok? We'll stay here, safe. And in the morning you can call your brother." He continued, I nodded slowly and he suddenly swung me off my feet. I yelped andrabbed hold of him. "Now let's go continue the party!" He said carrying me bridal style back to the livingroom.

I laughed a little as he dropped me on the couch and sat down to my right. I crawled over to him and curled into his side, he laid his arm around me and passed me a bottle of tequila. "Deal with your problems in the morning, Princess." He said as I rested my head on his shoulder.

I smiled gratefully at him. Most people would think we were dating just by seeing us together, but we aren't.

Neither Jace nor I like each other in that way. Although I'm pretty sure about half our school thinks we're together, we're just friends. I help Jace through his transformations and he helps me deal with my past. We're each other's therapists and best friends.