Chapter Five

Kidnapped By My Family

Abbe's POV:

I'm sitting on the sofa with a bottle of tequila. I'm not currently at my house might I add. Straight tequila always does the trick. I'm not a drunk, although at the moment I am a little tipsy. I just don't like thinking about certain things and when those things come up, tequila is my best friend. Or any liquor that is strong enough to burn as it goes down.

Why am I drinking my problems away you ask? Well, that's simple.

-Flashback-
The day before, (ep. 10)

I walk through the door, ready to start on my homework. The motivation of doing nothing else the entire night helping me open my binder and get out my history homework. I hear something, my head snaps up.

Expecting to see something moved by the breeze, my eyes widened at what was in front of me.

"Elijah," I whisper dropping my pencil and speeding backwards to a different room, knocking over my chair in the process. If he was here, was Klaus? I jumped back as he sped in front of me, cursing myself for not feeding in two days. Although not feeding as much made it easier to pretend to be human, strength wise, it was always an annoyance when something came up unexpectedly.

"Come out, Abbe." His voice came from the hallway. We had ended up upstairs and I was hiding in my room. "I can hear your heart beat, sister. You can not hide." He said, his voice was colder than normal.

Instead of his normal light yet stern tone it was sad, disappointed and... angry? My heart beat picked up when I realized that he was angry. Why was he angry, what had I done? The questions started circulating through my mind. Am I in trouble? My breathing started getting laboured.

"Calm down, Abbe." My eyes widened at how close he was to me now. Just outside the door. "I am not mad. You'll be fine." He spoke softly, his voice holding a small amount of guilt.

Probably realizing I had picked up on his anger. My eyes racked my room to find something to fight with. There was nothing, I had only got back two days ago, I hadn't finished unpacking yet. Any of the small amount of weapons I had were packed up in boxes downstairs.

My eyes land on the window, I make a break for it. Vamp speeding through the glass I fall to the ground, two stories below, cursing as I feel my right leg shatter. I ignored it as I sped through the forest, even through my fear I don't want Elena to be revealed. So I'll go the long way to the air port.

But I never get that far, seeing as my second oldest brother's arms wrap around me, stopping me in my tracks, not a mile from my house.

"Abbe, I do not intend to hurt you. Please sister calm yourself." I keep struggling to get out of his grip. "I apologise for scaring you, I am not angry at you Abbe." I shake my head, letting myself go limp in his arms. I can tell he's lying, he is angry at me.

He sets me down on the ground, my back against a tree. He's confident he can catch me again, if need be. I curl up, hugging my knees to my chest. My safe position I called it when I was a child. "What do you want Elijah?" I ask trying to calm my breathing.

"Niklaus recently found out that you have broken your curse." He states, I raise my brows. Klaus recently found out? So he already knew, huh.

Interesting. When I don't respond to his statement he continues. "He's quite distressed, Abbe." I shiver at the tone he uses, Klaus was angry, really angry, and he was angry at me. I barely keep myself from shaking.

"Did he send you after me?" I question.

"In a matter of speaking, yes. We had been looking for years of course but after he found out about the curse there was a lead to you here. Initially he wanted to come get you himself but I talked him out of it."