Chapter Forty

How are you all liking it? Comment and vote!

- blob243

New Friends, New Threats

Natasha's POV:

"Why not?" I question for the millionth time tonight. My Dad slams his hand down on the kitchen table, showing his irritation with my constant questioning.

"Because I said NO." He says with finality. I growl and copy his action, slamming my fist down as well.

"Is this because of that girl? The one who came into the restaurant? The whole coven is freaked out, but I don't get why that would affect the party!?" I snap.

"Because the party is at her damn house, Natasha! You may not go!" Dad bellowed. I, in turn, growled and stormed up the stairs to my room, slamming the door with my magic and flinging myself onto my bed. I was going to that party, whether he liked it or not. Plus, he'd never know. There was another Coven meeting today, after that vamp-chick freaked everyone out. Dad wouldn't tell me what she did but I would probably find out at the party tonight.

I stared at myself in the mirror, I looked good. I wore a red tube top, partially covered by a light black jacket. I had on red heels to match my red lips and eyeshadow as my hair was dutch braided down my back. I had on a black skirt.

I heard a horn, peering outside to see Nina's car pull up, I smirked. Dad had left thirty minutes prior, trusting that I wouldn't sneak out. He was wrong. I grabbed my purse and ran down the stairs, hopping into my best friend's white Nissan and we headed to the party.

"Holy Shit," I muttered, in awe of the mansion in front of us. It was beautiful.

"Damn," Nina mirrors my shock.

The white masterpiece of a house was on top of a hill, overlooking the city. Light streamed from the windows and backyard, a disco coming from one of the front rooms. It was already late and the party was in full swing as we headed inside. What surprised me the most was the mix of supernatural creatures roaming about. Vamps, werewolves and witches danced and drank. They weren't necessarily talking to each other but they were in the same room.

"This is insane." I laughed, as Nina and I both grabbed drinks.

"You're telling me. I haven't been to a party like this in years!" Kyte exclaims, coming up behind us.

"Is it really the girl that is threatening the coven that's throwing this thing?" I question, confused as to what her motive is.

Kyte laughed, "This isn't just any 'girl' Nat. It's Abbe Mikaelson. She's a legend, an Original Hybrid." I was shocked by my friend's knowledge and even more shocked that my Dad knows her.

"You mean that scary bedtime story about the first vamps?" Nina asks, snorting in amusement.

"It's not just a story Nina, they're powerful and dangerous." Kyte says seriously, making Nina and I nervous for a moment. "And we're in a Mikaelson's house!" He cheers, I roll my eyes and laugh. Kyte loved stories, he loved legends and loved finding out the truth behind them. This was his jam.

"Well, I want to get drunk and dance my ass off. You coming Nina?" My bestfriend grinned and took my outstretched hand.

"Genie!" I heard someone yell over the crowd. Genie Santos had been dancing with Nina and I by the pool for a few minutes now. She was a regular at the restaurant's bar and she'd known my Dad for years. No one really knew hold old the witch was, but Dad said she'd looked 19 when he'd met her. She still looked 19.

"Hey, Abbe." Genie slurred, she was on her third cup since dancing with us. But, the party had started at 10 and it was already 2 so I'm not sure how many she's already had.