Chapter Thirty-Six

Maria's POVs are all in Spanish since she's in Spain!

Hope you all enjoy!

- blob243

S. 3 - Ep. 15 - All My Children

Part One

Maria's POV:

"Maria, Darling, I need you to pick up your phone. I'm bloody worried. Answer." I listened to the message as I sat in my stolen jeep. I was in Spain, in a city I hadn't set foot in for over a decade. A city I used to call home.

I knew I should've told Abbe where I was, but after every lead brought me back to this hell hole I was forced to enter its borders. She would not be pleased. Max's hexed death and Mikael's witches were no coincidence. They led back to the same place. A place I'd sworn never to step foot in again.

I did a quick locator spell and found that Joshua was in a small house on the outer banks of the city. The house I'd grown up in. As I drove the long winding roads through the city I kept my head down. The slow traffic was enough for someone to recognize me without my sunglasses and cap.

When I arrived at the home sted I let a small smile grace my lips. The farmhouse was newly painted and the grass freshly mowed, the front garden looked horrid, per my little brother's inability to pick out the weeds from the flower stems. I could hear the horses in their pasture and the chickens clucking from their coop a few hundred meters from my car as I parked in the driveway.

I took a deep breath before knocking on the red-painted door. I heard shuffling and the door opened to a teenage girl. Her appearance immediately struck me as familiar as she looked at me in suspicion, as if she was trying to figure out where she'd seen me before. "Hello, can I help you?" She questioned and I was instantly reminded of the voice from my phone's messages 30 minutes prior.

"Hi, is Josh here?" She nodded.

The girl turned her body to project her voice into the house and yelled out. "Dad! There's someone at the door for you." My eyes widened in surprise.

Dad.

Dad.

Dad.

Dad.

The word rang in my head on repeat. He had a daughter. I had a niece. When the teen turned around I knew it was true. She was alive.

Rebekah's POV:

I was horrified and confused as I walked home the morning after the ball. I'd slept with Stefan, despite my knowledge that he was still in love with the latest doppelganger I slept with him. He wasn't bad either. But that's not what had me so angry.

-Flashback-
15 minutes earlier

I walked downstairs in last night's dress as Stefan followed behind me without a shirt. We spoke casually as we walked into the foyer, but I stopped short at the sight in front of me. Elena and Damon's faces were touching. Not only touching, but their lips were locked... and moving. My sister's boyfriend and ex-friend were making out.

"What the fuck!" I screeched. Stefan's face was that of a wounded puppy as he sped away.

-End of flashback-

"Well, well, well, there's our girl." Kol chuckled as I came through the front door. I saw Abbe sitting on the couch and a sinking feeling started in my gut. Her smile was small, but it was there as she sketched in one of Nik's spare notepads.

"Get out of my way, Kol." I told him, he just smirked at me.

"Out all night, what a scandal! I hope you did better than that Werewolf. Jace, was it?" Abbe and I both glared at his remark before he continued. "Our youngest Sister was here all night, and she's the one with a real boyfriend." He joked, Abbe rolled her eyes at him but my stomach sunk further.

"Abbe, I need to speak with you." I said, irritated enough with Kol that I stomped past him.

"What is it Bekah?" She looked up at me in innocence, her notepad dropping enough for me to see that she'd been drawing a flower, a yellow lily. A rare colour for the flower that used to grow near our village growing up. I bit my lip in hesitance. "Bekah is something the matter?" She questioned in concern.

"Girls, if you're about to go off in an explanation of Rebekak's evening activities then I will kindly ask that you not." Nik teased, Abbe smirked and rolled her eyes. That's when I knew this would be harder than I originally thought. It wasn't as simple as blurting out that Damon was kissing Elena. Abbe was delicate and she'd been broken before. Her mask was so well constructed that she may even be broken now, I wouldn't  know. But Kol's proximity to her, his constant hand on her shoulder and his extra smile to her was enough to tell me that he knew there was something wrong. I couldn't do it now.

"Piss off Nik." I snapped.

Abbe giggled as Kol played out an overdramatic sigh and flopped himself onto the couch beside her. He would play the part of a child if it meant getting her to laugh. I smiled a bit, and I saw Nik chuckle too. "I'm bored. Our Sister is a strumpet. But at least she's having fun. I need entertainment."
Abbe playfully hit his chest and he grinned at her. "Then go on, have at your fun," Nik smirked.

"Oh, but it's no fun going alone! Join me Nik! It's the least you could do after sticking a dagger in my heart." Kol smirked as our elder brother gave in. "And you'll be coming too, Darling Little Sister." Kol smirked pulling Abbe up from the couch, despite her whine of protest. He gently took the notepad and placed it on the coffee table before picking Abbe up at her waist and throwing her over his shoulder.

She shrieked as our brother's laughed carrying her out the door. "Bekah help!" She pleaded. I smiled at her sadly and shook my head.

"You'll need all the fun you can get." I responded quietly, she heard it and looked at me quizzically before the front door closes between us.