Chapter Eighteen

And the plot thickens...
Introducing new characters from her past! And... foreshadowing...
- blob243

S.2 - Ep. 18 - The Last Dance
Part Two

60's outfit above ⬆️

Abbe's POV:

    "Jace, come on. I know you're mad but I need you to pick up your phone. Just let me know you're alive, please." I sighed into the receiver, it beeped signalling the message was over. I groaned.

    "Why are you guys fighting anyway?" Laura questioned while she put up her hair into a half up half down.

    "Promise you won't get mad?" I questioned as I pulled on my belt. She nodded. "I made a split-second decision to leave," I spoke quietly.

    "You what?" Laura hissed loudly, drawing the attention of Troy who had been in the other room.

    "I know, I know! I'm sorry. It's just I got spooked and it would put everyone in danger if I stayed, which I did and now I'm terrified something's going to happen and..." Laura cut me off by hugging me tightly. Tears come to my eyes and I hug her back.

    "Abbe, you don't have to explain ok? We know it's hard and your..." She paused not knowing how to go on. Troy and Laura both thought that my family was in the Mafia, it easily explained my weird disappearances and family situation. "It doesn't matter, ok. I'm just glad you didn't leave." I smiled as Troy agreed with his girlfriend.

    "I just don't want anything to happen to you guys. If I ever got one of you hurt because of my decisions." I mumbled. "Anyway, we should go. This dance won't spike itself." I laughed holding up a bottle of vodka and the other two joined in.

    Dana addressed the crowd as Troy and I spiked the punch earning a grin from some freshmen. "Thank you for being here everyone!" She said and the gym full of kids cheered. "We have a special shout-out tonight. For Elena. From Klaus." She grinned, my dead heart stopped at that moment. I spun around, I couldn't smell him, sense him or see him but I knew that didn't mean he wasn't here. Or one of his informants wasn't.

    "Hey, Abbe, you ok?" Damon questioned from behind me. I spun around to see him and nodded.

    "Yeah... yep. I'm fine." I said, he didn't look convinced so I changed the subject. "Why are you here?" I questioned, "It's a high school dance."

    Damon raised his eyebrows at me, "I'm a supervisor, I asked Ric to put me down." He said in confusion. "You were there." He realized pointing at me. Shit, so much for changing the subject.

"It must have just slipped my mind." I gave him a small smile and shook my head. "I'm fine Damon really, don't worry." He sighed and wrapped an arm around my back, holding me closer to calm me. He could see through my facade easily.

"Hey, Tristan," Damon spoke to Troy, and I rolled my eyes at his blatant disregard for my friend's name.

"Actually, it's Troy," He corrected, smiling at Damon apologetically. "But whatever you want to call me is A-OK, man. You're Abbe's boyfriend, right? Damon?" He asked the alcohol we'd added to the punch taking an effect on him already. He was always kind but the liquid seemed to push that trait to the next level.

"Yeah, I am. Now, how about you go find yourself a partner and head onto the dance floor." I didn't even scold Damon for compelling my friend, too stuck on the fact that he just said he was my boyfriend. Troy walked away and I started at Damon.

"Boyfriend?" I questioned in almost a whisper.

His smile faltered for a millisecond and his eyebrows creased. "You're ok with that right?" He asked, panic in his voice.