Chapter Thirty-Two

S. 3 - Ep. 10 - The New Deal

Elena's POV:

"I feel like I'm going crazy. I'm totally paranoid all the time." I tell Bonnie. We're having breakfast at the Grill and talking over the last week.

"You have a right to be, Klaus is out there and he knows you tried to kill him." Bonnie agrees.

"Then why hasn't he made a move? There's been no sign of him, nothing." I say, confused. "Just my slow spiral into insanity."

"Join the club." Bonnie scoffs, "Every time I close my eyes I have that same nightmare, on repeat."

"The same dream?" I clarify.

"Yeah, four coffins, Klaus is in one of them, sometimes it's Abbe instead. It's weird." She explains, I nod.

"What if it's not just some dream?" I ask, "Like, you know... a witch dream."

"It's just stress. I'll figure it out." Bonnie shrugs it off. "What about Stefan and Damon? Any sign of them?"

Stefan had come by once, the night after Homecoming, to grab some things. He told me that he was going to make Klaus suffer... and then he left and he hasn't come back. Damon on the other hand has been in and out of the Boarding House daily. He's been sleeping at Abbe's I think, now that she's roped him in again. The slut.
I tried to tell him, to get him to understand that she's lying and manipulating, but he won't listen. But, I know Damon only betrayed us because she made him do it, there's no other explanation.

"Stefan's gone, enacting his plan of revenge that he's left me out of. But Damon's still being fooled by Abbe, she manipulating him." I answer Bonnie. She looks a bit doubtful but nods.

Abbe's POV:

"Have you found them yet?" I question as my Brother walks in. I'm lounging on the couch, scouring my Grimoire for clues on how someone had gotten one of the spells, so far I've found nothing.

"No, and so I'm enlisting you, Dear Sister. Stefan, your boyfriend's brother, has stolen your precious Kol, do something about it." He huffs, he'd previously forbade me from helping, his ego too big. But now he was growing annoyed, he loved our family just as much as I did and he wanted them back.

"Very well then, I'm going to the Grill." I smirk, standing from my place on the couch.

"Getting day drunk won't help us find our family, Abbe!" Klaus called after me as I sped to put away my Grimoire and get changed.

"Trust the process, Niklaus!" I yelled back, he scoffed.

"You ok?" I heard my boyfriend's voice from behind me. I turned, a smirk on my face as I looked at him.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I giggled, a little buzzed from my ten tequila shots.

"You're day drunk." He chuckled, sitting beside me.

"Well, maybe I'm sad after all my best friend just left town. There's also that business with your brother stealing my family." I said sarcastically, I leaned over and kissed him and he kissed back before ordering himself a bourbon.

"Maria's gone?" Damon questioned, I nodded.

"She's looking into the witches I killed that were working with Mikael." I explained briefly.

Maria and I had made the connection between Maxiums' death and the witches that had been working with my father. I'd thought I'd killed the coven that was responsible for spelling Max but now I think I might have miscalculated. Both the coven Mikael was working with and the one I killed for killing Max were coven's that took on bounties and murder-for-hires. It wasn't common practice among witches but some still did it. Maria came up with the idea that they had both been hired by the same person. It was the best thing we had to go on so far so she was investigating.

"Have you seen Stefan?" I asked.

"He's skipped town, not answering his phone." Damon shook his head.

"In that case, I think it's past overdue for a little visit with the latest doppelganger." I smirked, Damon kissed me as I walked by him and over to Elena who was standing by the pool table with Care.

"Hey, Care." I smiled, she beamed at me and hugged brought me in for a hug.

"I'm so glad you're ok!" She said, pulling away and examining me from head to toe despite my ability to heal. I giggled at her before looking at Elena.

"I have some questions." I said, sitting down on the pool table. She glared at me as well as at Caroline for being nice to me. "Where's Stefan?"

She narrowed her eyes at me. "Why would I tell you?"

"Because I'm asking nicely Elena, my brother won't be so kind. In fact, maybe I should call him now. Tell him how you're keeping us from our family, our family that your boyfriend stole!" I hissed, Caroline's eyes widened and she looked at Elena.

"What does she mean? Stefan stole Rebekah?" The blonde vampire was confused.

"Yes, he took Elijah, Rebekah and the other two Originals. He did the world a favour." Elena snapped, Caroline scoffed and I was surprised at how openly she disagreed with Elena.

"But, they're Abbe and Klaus' family! Families should be together!" Care reasoned and I smiled at her.

"What families keep each other in boxes?" Elena snapped back.

"Klaus lets his anger take over sometimes but let's not forget you've daggered before too. Plus, the longer you keep Stefan and our families' locations from us, the more people of your loved ones we will hurt." I said calmly.

Elena shook her head, "If you ever want to see your siblings again, you'll leave with Klaus and never come back." I smirked at her.

"Oh, you think my brother left? He didn't." I laughed at the shock on her face. "You see, much like myself, Niklaus has grown fond of your little town. Might even fancy a house here himself. And there's no way I'm leaving now that my biggest threat has been killed." Care looked between Elena and me nervously, but neither of us was backing down.

I stood and smiled sweetly. "Elena you have 5 hours to find and return all four of the coffins and Rebekah before Nik starts killing people you fancy." I then turned to Care, "I'll text you. Bye."
Damon smirked at me as I sat back down at the bar and handed me a drink. "You're sexy when you're mad." I smirked and downed the tequila.

"Your hybrid brother just killed Ric, while trying to kill Jeremy." Damon stated as he sauntered over to the bar after entering my house. Caroline, Alice and I were sat on the couch watching The Notebook as our nails dried.

"Who's Ric?" Alice questioned.

"Mr. Saltzman. He's like Elena and Jermy Gilbert's legal guardian." Caroline clarified, per Jace's unwillingness to do so himself, I had enlisted Caroline to help me explain the world of supernatural to our young human friend. Jace was out of town for a reason he promised to share when he got back and Kylie was at a friend's house for a sleepover, which left Alice to me.

"What time did Ric get killed?" I questioned, Damon looked at me quizically.

"4:30, why?"

"Then, I don't see a problem. I told Elena she had 5 hours, it'd been five hours. No one was seriously injured and as awful as it is that Nik targeted the Little Gilbert, Elena had it coming. Plus maybe it will convince her to give up Stefan and my family." I replied while watching the TV intently.

"What about Mr. Saltzman? He was killed. How could you say no one was seriously injured!" Alice gasped looking at me horrified.

"Ric has a magical ring that brings him back to life, he'll be fine." I shrugged her worry off. She nodded slowly trying to wrap her head around everything.

"About that... the ring brought him back to life but it didn't heal him like it's supposed to."

"Get Bonnie to look at it, I can't do anything without magic." I said, frowning. Damon nodded.