Chapter Thirty-Nine

It's been a while! Here's another chapter!

- blob243

Meeting Family

Natasha's POV:

I sat at a table at my Family's restaurant with my homework. I wasn't doing my homework - it was just sitting in front of me. I was pouting, arms crossed, glare ready in case my Dad made eye contact. I was pissed, beyond angry. Maria, my long-lost aunt I'd never been told was alive, had disappeared by the time I'd gotten home after telling my friends about her sudden appearance. Dad claimed she'd just been dropping by, but I didn't buy it. No one just comes back to their hometown for the first time in fifteen years and then leaves a few hours later.

Normally I'd believe my Dad, anything he said was law. But not anymore, he'd lied to me, about my aunt - his sister - and about my Mom. Now, he grew angry at the mention of either. I had numerous questions - none of which he would answer. Why was Maria a secret? Why did she leave only hours after arriving? Who is Abbe to Maria? Does Maria know where Abbe - my Mom - is? Is it true that my Mom doesn't know I'm alive? The list goes on.

'PHOTO' - Kyte

I peered down at my phone as it 'pinged' Kyte had sent a photo of one of the most expensive mansions in town, it had been sitting empty since before I could remember. My eyes widened at the helicopter that was descending down onto the roof - yeah it was that big. Multiple pools, balconies, a helipad, ceiling-to-floor windows and multiple acres of land.

'What's going on?' - Me

'I'll meet you at the restaurant.' - Kyte

'Ok' - Me

As I waited for my friend, I kept staring at the photo he'd sent. A little voice in the back of my head told me something big was about to happen, but I ignored it as Kyte arrived. We spoke adamantly about the new resident of our town - clearly someone with cash to burn based on the private air-taxi.

It was late by the time Kyte left and the restaurant began to clear out. There were only three tables still occupied by guests when the door opened. A teen came through, it was clear by the way she held herself that she was powerful - not to mention the supernatural waves radiating off of her. Normally, with someone this powerful, I'd get an internal feeling - like a warning to flee, an animal instinct. But not with this blonde.

The click of her heels held power as she walked right past the hostess and straight to my Dad. The look on my Dad's face told me he knew her but the panic told me they might not have been friends.

"Joshua." She greeted him like an old friend. He didn't answer her right away, it was as if he didn't know what to say - he wasn't sure she was real.

"Let's talk somewhere else." He mumbled, a glance in my direction. Her grin turned into a deadly smirk.

"Oh, no. That won't be necessary. I'll be quick, Darling." She smirked, her voice that of a viper's, sweet and threatening. The uncomfortable look on my father's face at the nickname made me frown - what the hell type of history had these two had?

"I'm looking for your sister, Josh." My head perked up at the mention of my mysterious aunt. "You see Maria was looking into some recent problems I've come across. Now, she sent me a text telling me she needed help, and that she was - for some unknown reason - back here." My father's face was slowly losing its colour as the unnamed girl continued. "Now, I know there is only one reason your sister would come back here - let alone request my presence in this shit show of a supernatural stalemate." She growled.

"Ab-" She didn't let him finish before she continued, her tone leaving a murder-ready mood hanging in between Dad and her.

"No, Josh. I know we have a delicate history and your relationship with Maria isn't any better. But, if your fucking Coven doesn't stop attempting to kill me and my family there will be hell to pay. Max's death was un-provoked on my end so sending him to me to gloat was a bloody idiotic move, but teaming up with Mikael to murder Niklaus and I was inexcusable. If Maria Lopez is not returned to me by mid-day tomorrow I will start killing the elders of your fucking Coven." My Dad stood his ground for a few seconds before nodding.