Chapter Thirteen

S. 2 - Ep. 13 - Daddy Issues

   Abbe's POV:

    As I walk into the Grill I take a look around. The memorial is in full swing and people are lighting candles. I spot, Elena, Jenna and Mr. Saltzman, my history teacher for all of two days I have been at school. But I knew he was also a vampire hunter, Damon's friend and Isobel's ex-husband. I spot Damon speaking to John Gilbert, who I'd met a few times while at Elena's in years past.

    "So if you know anything about Klaus then you better start talking or I will kill you in your sleep." I hear Damon threaten, I roll my eyes at his behaviour before heading over to some friends from school.

    "Look who finally decided to come back!" Laura jokes, handing me a drink, a big grin plastered across her face.

    "Oh, no!" Troy cuts in with his usual sarcasm. "She might leave without saying good bye again." I roll my eyes at their behaviour.

    "Give her a break guys," Jace laughs, rapping an arm around my shoulders. I lean in to him instinctively, feeling safe next to another werewolf.

    "Oh, I'm sorry I offended your girlfriend. Your royalnessess." Laura giggles, definitely tipsy from one too many tonight. I laugh along with them as we joke.

These three were good friends, although Jace was the only one who knew about the supernatural and what I really was. The four of us had been friends quickly after I moved here and were considered the 'partiers'. Though not to be mixed up with the 'druggies'. We drank and threw and attended all the parties but we never touched the drugs, that's where we would draw the line.

After a while Troy heads home with Laura while Jace and I head outside. We sit on a bench across from the Grill, me cuddled into his side with my head on his shoulder. It was dark now and we talked freely as we emptied the bottle of beer we'd brought out.

"You've stayed low right?" I question after a few minutes of silence. "No one knows you're in on the supernatural?"
I was worried about him. Jace hadn't known anything about the supernatural until he'd turned for the first time when he was fourteen, I'd found him and helped him from then on. We'd become like family, we were best friends.

He chuckled at my question. "Yeah, I've stayed low. Unlike you." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm just glad you're not mixed in. I don't want you hurt." I confessed. Jace pulled me closer, the little bit that was possible, and hugged me. I returned the hug, kissing his cheek.

"I want to warn you, Jace. Elijah is already here and Klaus is on his way." I say as we pull apart. "You need to be careful."

"Hey, that goes for you too." He laughs before becoming more serious. "Are you going to be ok? With Klaus, I mean. I know you're scared of him, and you haven't told me about what happened in France yet, but..." He rambled on, concerned.

"It won't matter." I shake my head, "Because I'm going to kill Niklaus when he gets here."

Right then is when the wind changed, the change pulled different scents towards me. I easily recognized three of them as blood, werewolves and vervain. I shot up from the bench, startling Jace who was still stunned by my confession of upcoming murder.

"You're going to kill your brother!?" He whisper yelled at me, standing up as well. I ignored him, spinning around searching for the scents of Damon, Caroline and Stefan. Stefan's scent isn't from the last few hours, meaning he wasn't here in the first place. I can tell Damon is inside, but Care's scent is fresh. Maybe thirty minutes old.
"I'll explain later, ok?" I rushed my words as I jogged towards the Grill.

"Hey is something wrong?" Jace questioned, stopping me.

I turned to him quickly, his forehead creased when he saw my expression. "Caroline's missing and I can smell vervain. I'll see you later ok?" Jace nodded, knowing there was no way in hell I was letting him come.

"What's happening?" I hear John in the bathroom and head over.

"We need to get Caroline back!" Elena says, trying to get John and Damon to stop fighting.

I walk in and Damon looks to me, a flash of hurt going through his eyes. I push down my guilt and start talking. "I can smell vervain and at least two werewolves, neither of them are Tyler but one is Jules. Care was bleeding, they're headed to the outskirts of Mystic Falls." I say, Damon nods and starts to follow me out.

"First Dad duty ground your daughter. Keep her here." Damon instruts John as Elena protests.

"I agree with Damon here. We could be dealing with a whole pack, its not going to be safe. Stay here Elena, we'll get Care." I say as Damon and I head to his car.

"I know you're out there." Jules calls, she's standing in front of a trailer. I can smell Caroline's blood from here, she must be inside.

I watch as Stefan tries to negotiate with Jules as he holds Tyler's arm. Damon gets antsy and steps up, not taking such a peaceful approach as his brother. I stay back, knowing my presence would just put the wolves on edge to fight.
But when Jules whistles to her pack I take some steps forward, still staying hidden. "Let's try this again, give us Tyler." Jules says as Damon and Stefan are surrounded.

They start to fight and I growl under my breath, not wanting to need to expose myself to this many people. Once Stefan and Damon are down and Caroline is pushed up again the trailer I come forward.

"That's enough." I say, causing a few of the wolves to back away from me. They can sense my anger, the fact that I'm a vamp. Although I doubt they know I am a hybrid since they never would have come across one before. "Let them go and no one will come to anymore harm." I say motining to the wolves dead bodies littering the ground.

"You don't smell like a normal vampire. What are you?" Jules questions, glaring at me.

"I think you know exactly what I am." I respond continuing to walk closer to Jules and Caroline.

"You're one of the Originals." Jules says, growling at me. I hold back a wince as the gun pushes into Caroline's head harder.

I nod slowly, "Knowing that. You also know you have absolutely no chance against me. Leave now and I will not harm your pack."

"No way in hell!" One of the wolves yells, he aims his pressure-release-gun and shoots me in the stomach with a stake.

I look down at the wound and yank out the stake, no emotion present on my face. "Well, now you've just hurt my feelings." I pout throwing it back at him so it impales his heart and he dies instantly. "I'll say this one more time. Stand down or I will slaughter the lot of you." I say, my anger seeping into my voice.

I hear Jules' gun click as she loads it, in the speed of light I've disarmed her and hold her above the ground by her neck. "Leave and I won't kill your Alpha."

Jules squirms in my grip, clawing at her throat for air. I internally groan at how lenient I'm being, normally they would all already be dead.

One by one, each member of her pack stands and backs away from me. Leaving Stefan and Damon groaning on the ground while Caroline cries curled against the trailer. I drop Jules and she quickly crawls away from me.

"You'd be foolish to ignore my generosity a second time. Every single one of your muts will be out of Mystic Falls in two hours or I will murder every last one of you." I growl, I can hear the wolves running. Their feet hitting the ground of the forest until they're out of hearing range.

"Care are you ok?" I ask kneeling down beside her. She nods as she pulls out the last wooden bullet from her chest. I hear movement and look to Tyler "You'd do well to decide what side your on." I say helping Caroline up as we follow Stefan and Damon out of the forest.