Chapter Twenty-Three

S.2 - Ep. 22 - As I Lay Dying

   Abbe's POV:

    Troy wolf whistles as Laura and I dance in front of him and Jace. Both boys threw inappropriate sounds and comments our way. I giggled as Laura ran her hands down my sides to my hips before starting to sway them. I leaned back into her and took a swig of bourbon from our shared bottle before starting to move my hips to the upbeat Spanish music playing from the speaker.

    I turned around, face-to-face with Laura and she turned her head to the side, smirking at her boyfriend. When she looked back and leaned in I complied with her demand, allowing her to press her soft and small lips against my own.

    "Damn." Troy choked as I slowly bit Laura's lip, pulling it a little with my teeth. Laura moulded our petite bodies together and I grinned as we swayed seductively to the music.

    The lights were suddenly flicked on and I spun to the intruders. Laura's arms circled around my middle and I relaxed into her as I saw my brothers, both with surprised and disgusted expressions on their faces. "What the bloody hell are you doing?" Klaus questioned his eyes roamed around the room.

    "We're having fun, Niklaus. You should try it sometime." I said sarcastically before downing the rest of the alcohol in my hand. Laura looked disappointed and detached herself from me to grab another bottle from the bar.

    "Sister, what are you wearing?" Elijah questioned, I looked down at my outfit. Short-short light blue jean shorts and a top that ended just below my cleavage.

    "Clothes, Elijah. I'm wearing clothes." I rolled my eyes. "Do you two need something or are you just here to judge?" Klaus grinned at me and dramatically stalked over to the bar pouring himself a bourbon.

    "I see your little pet has been released." He smirked, sipping his drink. Jace growled at him and I turned to Troy and Laura, they were both visibly uncomfortable.

    "I'll see you guys later." They nodded and Laura grabbed her coat, when they left I turned to glare at my brothers.

    "If you don't have anything else to say. I suggest you get out of my house." I spoke sternly.

    "Why so hostile, Little Sister?" Klaus laughed I narrowed my eyes at him.

    "You daggered Rebekah, beat me. Chased me to the ends of the earth like Mikael, then tell me that you've dropped our siblings in the ocean. I think that pretty much covers it, yeah?" Klaus' eyes narrow at me but I stand my ground.

Turning to Elijah I grit my teeth. "And you! You're no better than him! You left us in Chicago, ignored me for years before that! Then you come here, where I've made my home! And you rip me from all that! You attempt to get me..." I yelled, my anger showing. "ME! Elijah! You wanted me to kill our brother! Despite knowing I didn't want to! And you were gonna do it, too! Even after you knew that our family was safe!" I breathed heavily after I finished my rant. Jace stood and interlocked our hands.

"I apologize if I seem hostile Niklaus." I spit. Elijah looks down and Klaus glares at me.

"Get out of my house."

When they're both gone I break down, Jace holds me for three hours. Until the phone rings. "Hello?" Jace answers as I compose myself.

"Is Abbe there?" I hear Stefan's voice but it sounds like he's in pain. I take the phone from Jace, confused.

"Are you ok?" I question. I hear movement in the background and a car door open and shut.

"Klaus said you have the cure?" I grew more confused.