Chapter Two

S. 1 - Ep. 8 - 162 Candles

    Abbe's POV:

    I drove past the sign, 'Welcome to Mystic Falls'. I let a smile grace my face as I got a text from Caroline.

'Meet at the Grill' - Care
'Kay, be there in ten' - Me

I pulled in to be greeted by a bustling street. Was there a party? Knowing Caroline it was definitely the case. I walked in to see the place even busier than I had expected. I watched the room for a moment, assessing everything before fully stepping through the door. I smiled seeing Bonnie and Caroline before my eyes zeroed in on Damon walking away from Caroline. He really was here. He was headed for me, or the door since he didn't seem to see me until he bumped into my shoulder. Unsurprisingly I didn't move an inch, super strength and all.

I could immediately tell he was in a bad mood. "Watch wh-" He didn't finish, his sentence ending as we made eye contact. "Ab-" Again he was interrupted as Bonnie pulled me away.

"Stay away from my friends Damon." Bonnie shot angrily, Damon didn't respond but he looked as shocked as I felt. "Hey, Abbe!" Bonnie says, excitedly hugging me, and I soon returned it, snapping out of my trance.

I watched Damon shake his head and walk out of the building. I wanted to follow him, I wanted him. But I didn't follow as he left the Grill.

"Sorry, about him. That's Stefan's brother, he's a real ass." She chirped, I chuckled. She wasn't wrong.

"It's fine, anyway. Where is Elena? I only see Caroline." I pointed out, Bonnie sighed.

"I doubt Elena is coming, and Caroline is being weird." She sighed, leaning her head on my shoulder. "Anyway, want a drink?"

"Sure, surprise me." She shook her head at me, I chuckled a little realizing she probably meant water. She left and I scanned the room, I can tell at least two other vamps are here. I spotted them at the pool table, Stefan and...

"Lexi," I said a little loudly drawing a few looks. She turned towards me and her eyes widened as I headed over.

"God, it's been years. A few more would have been nice though." She said annoyed, Stefan watched us with curiosity. I reminded myself he wouldn't remember me, his memory was compelled away.

"You don't look a day over 350," I cooed, trying to get under her skin. We didn't have the best relationship. What with her killing my boyfriend in 1795 and all, then i have to say my payback was a tad extreme.

"And you couldn't have passed 1000!" We both laughed without humour as Stefan's eyebrows shot through the roof.

"Stefan, meet Abbe. Abbe, Stefan." She introduced us, I raised my eyebrows, faking surprise.

"Elena's guy. I've heard of you, but of course I've also heard of the Ripper of Monterey," I smirked, they both looked confused and angry. "I've lived in Mystic Falls for a few years now. Who knew high school could be fun." I waved off their questions turning to find Caroline. "See you around." I gave a wave.

"Stefan stay away from her, Ok?" I listened to her plead, he didn't seem to agree since she continued. "She's really old, Stef. Like seriously old, and strong." I rolled my eyes before Caroline wrapped me in a bone-crushing hug.

"God, I've missed you guys so much!" I wined as we sat down at a booth.

"Of course, I'm irresistible." Caroline laughed, I smiled.

"So... what's going on with you and Bonnie? What have I missed?" Caroline sat back and crossed her arms.

"Well, I gave her a necklace Damon gave me, Stefan's brother." She clarified, I nodded signalling for her to continue. "Anyway, he needs it back for whatever reason and she won't give it to me." She pouted, I instantly recognized the compulsion.