Chapter Seven

S. 2 - Ep. 2 - A Brave New World

    Damon's POV:

    I just compelled some kid to pick a fight with Tyler Lockwood, this should be interesting. Stefan thought I was spiralling because of Katherine but I wasn't, it was because of Abbe. That girl is like blood to a vampire, all I want is her, she's all I can think about.

But, she left, and it was my fault. I pushed her away. I heard Elena say that she was being really weird, that it was like she was saying goodbye forever. She won't answer my calls or texts, she's completely ignoring me. I thought I was in love with Katherine, but I wasn't, I am in love with Abbe Mikaelson. And because of Katherine I pushed her away, I practically told her that I used her as a distraction.

I hear someone behind me and turn around. It's Caroline. "Oh, hey Blondie." I say, "They let you out."

She'd been in the hospital, a car crash or something. I don't know, I gave her my blood.

I walk away but stops when she starts speaking again. "I remember." She states.

"What do you remember?" I sigh.

"How you manipulated me." She says, taking a step forward and crossing her arms. "You pushed me around. Abused me, used me." Abbe's words popped into my head when she said that and I frowned.

-Flashback-
S. 1 - Ep. 9 - History Repeating

I had been studying Abbe, her beautiful blue eyes and dirty blonde hair. She was absolutely breathtaking. "I've lived here for four years now, Elena, Care and Bon are my best friends." She says, answering my previous question.

She pushes me off her chest a bit so that she can meet my eyes. "And just so you know, I do not approve of you compelling Caroline, at all!" She states, her british accent prominent in her words and I can't help but find it extremely sexy.

-End of flashback-

"Erased my memories. Fed on me." Caroline's voice pulls my attention away from my memories.

"You're crazy." I respond trying to walk away and not liking the direction this conversation is going in.

"My memories have been coming back. In pieces." She states. I stop and turn to her.

"You can't remember. That's impossible." I say walking towards her.

"I mean, unless you were becoming a..." I trail off and she gives me a knowing look. She's a vampire?

"I have a message from Katherine." She says, peeking my attention. "Game on." Then she pushes me across the hallway. "You suck." She states, I could have laughed at how dumb that sounded by I was a little preoccupied. Caroline's a vampire?!

Caroline's POV:

My head is spinning, my memories are messed up. Damon's compulsion has worn off and I remember now. But there's this weird part, this one memory that I can't figure out. Abbe's in it, I know that, and someone else. But not Damon. It's from Career Day, when I went to pick her up... but she wasn't there. Was she?

-Memory-

I pulled into the house, I started to head for the front door that was open, but my eyes caut something else. The window, two levels above the front door, was broken. Abbe's bedroom. Glass shards were scattered across the grass and walkway in front of the house. What happened?

When I walked through the front door, that's when my memory starts to get fuzzy. The room looked distorted and Abbe's figure flickered as if she were a projection. "Why is your window brok-" I stoped short when I saw her. She's sitting on one of her couches in the main livingroom, she looks absolutely horrible.

"God, Abbe! What happened? You look horrible." I say, earning a stiff chuckle from her. As I hurry closer I see her leg, red liquid coats her ripped jeans although I can't spot any wounds. "Is that blood?!"

"Care, I'm gonna be outta town for awhile." Abbe's voice bonces around my head, distorting in and out. I got angry, she'd only been back two days, gone for months before that.

My memory fades out. "France, now, ok?" Bits and pieces of her words flow into my mind. I don't remember what I said but she looked upset, her eyes brimming with tears.

I turned around and there was a man, I can't remember his face. "Mikaelson, brother, get going." I could only make out some of his words, the others blurred together into an unidentifiable sound.

I got angry again, at what he had said. "Let her stay, doesn't want to go." I remember yelling at him.

"Not her decision, will come with me." He continued, Abbe had cowered away when he spoke. I didn't know why but I went off on him, yelling, but what I said doesn't come to mind.

"France, christmas?" My words pilled up I could only make out two of them. Abbe had stood up and she walked over to me.

"Amazing friend, I wasn't here, you never met, forget." Abbe spoke only certain words were understandable in my memory. "Goodbye."

I remember leaving after that and the rest of the day is clear.

-End of memory-

Did Abbe compel me? Why can't I remember? When Damon did it it came back clear. Is Abbe a vampire too? What?! And who was that other guy?