Chapter Twelve

S. 2 - Ep. 12 - The Descent

Elena's POV:

"How can Elijah compel another vampire?" I question Stephen.

"He's an original, I don't really know what that means. I don't think anybody really knows what that means." He responds kissing me.

"I think I might know someone." Damon speaks up from the doorway.

I nod, "Abbe."

"Yep, them being siblings means she is most likely an original too." Damon continues.

Abbe's POV:

I felt amazing. Minus the pang in my heart that tells me something is missing, something big. I push away the thoughts of my siblings and relish in the feeling of freedom. Even after my transformation back into a vampire this morning, I still feel the rush of being a wolf. It's amazing.

The knock on my door brings me out of my thoughts. "Come in!" I call as I head to the entryway.

My house was big, technically a mansion. I had completely refurbished it when I moved in. It was seven acres of land the back surrounded by forest with a lake. Three floors, six bedrooms, eight full bath, a beautiful marble kitchen, three living rooms, a dinning room and multiple spare rooms. Commonly used for art, music or even torture.

"Ooooo, the whole gang has come to interrogate me." I say sarcastically. "Minus Stefan. Where is lover boy anyway?" I question Elena, tilting my head to the side.

"You said you and Klaus aren't on good terms, what did you mean by that? Do you know him?" Elena questions me, ignoring my previous inquisition.

"Come on in." I sigh, motioning for Bonnie, Caroline, Elena and Damon to enter through to the living room and bar.

"You're an original aren't you?" Bonnie asks as they sit on the couches. I stand, my back facing them as I pour bourbon for Damon and myself.

"Excellent deduction." I say, handing Damon his drink and resting on the arm of the couch he was sitting on. "As for your earlier question, Elena. Klaus and I have known eachother for as long as I can remember. But we had a fight in the twenties, and went our separate ways. I was with him in France this last month, but once again we had a fallout." I say sipping my bourbon. "Does that answer your question?" I ask, Elena nods.

"Are you really on our side?" Bonnie speaks up again.

"I have no reason not to be." I answer, Bonnie narrows her eyes at my response.

"What exactly does that mean?" She asks.

"It means, I don't want to see anyone in this town hurt anymore than you four do. I will fight Klaus and do everything in my power to stop the sacrifice." I answer, making eye contact with Bonnie the entire time.

"What about Elijah," Elena says, I quirk an eyebrow at her. "You seemed surprised by his deal with me, last night."

I sigh, looking down for a moment. "I admit, I was taken-aback by Elijah's words. I was not expecting he would ever, in a million years, kill Klaus. But do not fret, I'm now fully on board with the plan." I say the last part through gritted teeth, glaring down at my glass, now only half full.

"What changed your mind?" Elena pries.

"I no longer believe Klau is worth the air he breaths." I state, coldly. The room falls silent for a few moments before Damon speaks.

"Elijah can compel other vampires, I'm guessing you can too?"

"Naturally."

"What about vervain. It affects Elijah, why doesn't it affect you." He continues. The others look surprised, he hadn't yet told them.