Chapter Nine

S. 2 - Ep. 8 - Rose

Abbe's POV:

I've been pacing my room for an hour now. Back and forth, back and forth. Elijah left late last night, business to attend to. I don't buy it. He sounded angry when he told me, not angry at me but at Klaus. So angry he was shaking, with his fists clenched. His other emotion was sadness, when he left my room he looked sad. Like maybe he wasn't coming back. It scared me.

He'd been asking too many questions lately, about Virginia. About Mystic Falls, why would I go back? What was I doing there? Did I make any friends? He was trying to be subtle but it wasn't working much.

Now, he was gone. Headed from France to Virginia according to his plane ticket I compelled from someone. What was he up to? I'd been so curious that I'd outright asked him only for him to shut me down immediately, no answer.

"Bloody Hell, never should have gotten involved with that damn town again!" I mutter angrily pacing my room.

I became soft, and I knew it. In the last 80 years, since I met Damon. Since I left Nick. Since my sister was daggered. Since I broke my curse. Since I stepped foot back in Mystic Falls.

I hear the downstairs door open and close with a slam. I can soon smell the sent of alcohol and blood drift into my room. My body freezes. Memories bombard my brain.

-Flashback-
1000 AD-ish

"Abbe!" My Father's angry voice rang through the trees. His footsteps pounding against the wooded ground. I was hiding, crouched in the bushes and as silent as I could be. "You cannot hide from me!" He was close and I let out an involuntary whimper. He heard.

I could smell the alcohol on him and my blood soon mixed with it. The beating was a regular event, but it was worse when he had been drinking. His anger seemed to increase with ever passing moment he stood above me. His belt hitting down hard against my back, leaving bleeding or welts in its wake.

This was one of the many days my brothers wern't around. The days they would go hunting or to town were the ones I was left at his mercy. When Nick or Elijah were around I was glued to them, and them to me. Never taking our eyes off each other in the event of our Father's wrath. When it did happen, they begged for him to stop.

Nick would sometimes break in a fit of anger and yell or try to physically stop him, but that only ever ended with him being beaten as well.

"You worthless child!" His words cut through me, each one breaking me down. "Useless!" , "Should of fed you to the dogs!" , "Killed you when I had the chance!".

-End of Flashback-

I was pulled out of my thoughts when my door opened, revealing my brother. Klaus was standing there with a large bottle of alcohol, it was practically empty. I could smell the different types of booze on him, hinting that the bottle in his hand wasn't the only one from the night.

"Why?" He sounded angry, really angry. His voice was icy and hard. His face in an unmoving expression I couldn't place. Dried blood cascading down his chin, stains on his shirt where it had dripped.

I don't answer. I'm too scared.

"Why!?" He yelled, stepping closer to me. He was in my room now, his body drenched in blood and booze. I started shaking, his current appearance much too similar to that of our Step Father's.

"Why would you do it without me!?" I don't answer, the bottle of alcohol smashes against the ground in front of me. "Answer me!" A tear runs down my cheek. I feel so small and weak.

Memories of Mikeal run through my brain casing my breathing to become erratic.

"We made a promise, Abbe!" He yells before his voice starts to calm down. "We would break the curse together." Now he sounds hurt, more tears fall from my eyes. "Always and Forever, Abbe." He whispers, although I can easily hear it.

As the last words leave his mouth my head snaps towards him. How dare he! "No, Niklaus. You broke that promise when you daggered our siblings." I say, my voice breaking as it gets louder and I continue. "Always and Forever my ass! You don't care about any of us! You are becoming the thing you despise most and I will not stay and watch you become a replicant of the man that killed us!" I yell, he doesn't seem fazed until I utter my next sentence.

"Just so you know, I've never even turned!" His eyes widen when he hears the anger in my voice. And I can hear his heart beat louder than mine at my confession.

I storm out of the room and head strait to Elijah's, he's not here. I know that. But his room is soundproof and I don't want Nick to hear me cry.

I cry for hours, curled in a ball shaking. My phone is ringing non-stop from Klaus, who knows he's not welcome in the room, and another number, that I can only guess is someone Nick enlisted to get me to come out again. But I only pick it up when Damon's name sprawls across the screen.

"Hey," I answer. Cringing at how weak and scratchy my voice sounds and hoping he doesn't pick up on it. He does of course.

"Are you ok?" He questions right away. I let a small smile grace my lips at his worry.

"Is that how you greet me? You've lost your touch love." I chuckle, clearing my throat and side stepping his question.

"You've forgiven me!" He exclaims, happily when I mildly flirt with him.

I sigh, "Just a little, I know how Katerina's mind games work. Her hold is strong, although fucking me as a distraction while looking for a way to get her out of a tomb she was never in, I still fully blame you for that." I laugh dryly.

"Just hurry up and tell her what's going on already." Stefan's unmistakable broody voice groans.

"Calm down brother, we're only catching up a little." Damon sasses him causing a grin to form on my lips. "Anyway, dear Elena has gotten herself kidnapped. We're on our way to get her back." My heart stops.

"Someone took her? Who?!" I asked, it was only a matter of how long after I left but it hasn't even been more than a month!

Damon sighs loudly. "We don't know who took her, but we tracked her down at some abandoned mansion in a forest. We're heading there now." I slowly nod. Elijah's earlier questions picking at my brain.

"Be careful ok?" I asked.

Damon laughed, I could hear the smirk in his voice. "Careful is my middle name!"

"Righ." I chuckled. "I'll be there as soon as I can. But that might not be very soon, I'm wrapped up in some stuff at the moment. But keep me updated, ok?"

"Sure, I'll call you later." I could hear the concern in his voice, but I knew he wouldn't pry with Stephen beside him.
I hung up, quickly. I needed to get back to Mystic Falls fast.