Chapter Thirty-Three

S. 3 - Ep. 11 - Our Town

Abbe's POV:

'Your brother's a dick' -Damon

I snorted at the text as I finished the drawing I was doing for Caroline. The moment I had picked was one of my favourite memories with her. She'd been in a fight with Elena and Bonnie, her Mom was working late and her Dad had left a few years prior. She was feeling left out and alone, I'd invited her over to my house. It was the first time she'd been over and we'd spent the night giggling and running around.

The exact moment I'd picked was as we'd been watching tv, eating pizza, ice cream and an assortment of candies. I'd been sitting upside down on the couch while Care sat on the carpet, her back leaning against the couch. We both had big smiles on our faces as we laughed. I was doing the whole drawing in pencil and just as I finished the last details my phone rang.

I sped to Caroline's house, disregarding my car and just relying on my vampire-speed instead. When I arrived at the Forbes residents my Brother was walking out of the house, a smirk on his face. My rage at the person in-front of me exploded and I threw him across the yard.

"What the bloody hell is wrong with you?!" I screamed, he looked at me condescendingly.

"I healed her, Abbe. No need for any of this petty anger." I glowered at him.

"Stay away from me, and stay away from my friends." With that, I hurried inside and dropped down to my knees beside Caroline's bed.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so so sorry, Care. I had no idea." I explained hastily. Care smiled at me and nodded as Matt came into the room behind me.

"It's ok, Abbe. I heard you yelling at Klaus." She said, I nodded and ran my hand over her shoulder where Matt had told me Tyler had bitten her. The smooth skin reassured me and I hugged Caroline. She giggled, "I'm fine, Abbe."

"My Brother can be unpredictable and dangerous, I'm sorry." I said, my chin resting on her shoulder.

We stayed hugging for a minute before Matt addressed me. "What's that in your hand?" I looked down at my left hand, the drawing of Care and I was rolled up. I sighed and handed it to her.

"Happy birthday, there's a card and a fancy silk robe from France too. Happy seventeenth." I smiled, she grinned as she surveyed the photo.

"I remember this!" She turned to show Matt and gave me another hug. "Thank you, Abbe. You're an amazing friend."

I woke up to Care shaking me awake, her frantic heartbeat forced me to open my eyes and scan for dangers. But when her hand shot infront of my line of vision holding a black velvet box I squinted and raised an eyebrow as she passed it to me.

"Open it." She said, I did as told and was surprised by the beautiful jewelled bracelet inside.

"Oh, this is beautiful!" I grinned, "Whoever got you this?" She gave me an annoyed look that said I should already know. I raised an eyebrow.

"Your Brother."

My face dropped and slowly realization crept into my mind. Did he fancy her? Did my Big Brother fancy my best friend? Or was this a ploy to gain her trust... or maybe even mine back? "Why?"

"I don't know, maybe it's to say sorry?" She shrugged but I could see the small grin she was trying to hide. Did my best friend fancy my Brother?