Chapter Fourteen

Damon is not with Andy yet, and may not even have that relationship at all, I haven't decided yet. He's still in love with Abbe and is still trying to win her back.

S. 2 - Ep. 14 - Crying Wolf

Abbe's POV:

    A phone was ringing and I groaned in sync with Care as Elena fell off the bed. I cuddled closer to Bonnie as Care started moving around. "Hello?" Elena answered her phone.

    "Elena!" Caroline groaned as the three of us tried to get comfortable again.

    "How was the slumber party?" Stefan's voice questioned on the other line.

    "Hmm, good. Much needed. When can you and I have one?" Elena asked, causing me to gag along with Caroline, the only other one with super hearing.

    My phone rings and I grab it from the other side of Bonnie on the night stand. "Hypocrite!" Elena sings as my brother's name flashes across the screen.

    "What?" I ask bluntly as I answer my phone.

    "Have you lost all form of manners being on your own for so long?" Elijah questions, I roll my eyes as I try to untangle myself from Bonnie who had fallen back asleep.

    "Piss off will you? I like my sleep, I'm embracing the laziness of the modern ages." I answer, he ignores me and continues.

    "You will be accompanying me to The Historical Society's High Tea, today-" I cut him off.

    "No, no, no, no, no, no! 'Lijah, please no! I will do anything. Every one of the bloody adults in this town hate me! Please!" I beg, Elijah sighs.

    "Abbe, in the eyes of the town you've lived here for five years alone. You appear as a child with no parental supervision." He says, his annoyance at my actions and representation of myself and our family name seeping through his words. I groan as he continues. "You will mend the horrible image of our family you have painted and you will accompany me today. I will pick you up in an hour at your house." He hangs up.

    "Well, looks like it's just Bonnie and I." Caroline sighs, referring to our earlier plans to go to the Grill.

    I groan, "Sorry,"

    I'm already bored out of my mind and I've only been here for ten minutes. Elijah, who was not letting me out of his sight, was currently speaking to Ms. Lockwood. "Yes, well I'm just glad that Abbe finally has family in town." Carol says, glancing at me. I smile, internally glaring.

    "Yes, our family has been quite spread out in the last while. But, I'll be here from now on." He smiles, I can tell her comment angered him.

His lack of being there for me in the last 80 years weighted heavily on his conscience. It had always been like that for my siblings, at least one always stayed with me. They looked after me and protected me, even if they all did it in different ways. I was the youngest, the baby. Even when Henrik was alive, even he babied me. I easily got annoyed at their over protective behavior but was grateful for it all the same.

"Damon! What a surprise." Carol said after a few minutes of me zoning out. I looked over to see the man himself strolling over, as if he owned the place.

"Carol, hi." He greets her with a quick embrace. "Abbe, always a pleasure." He says, taking my hand, kissing my knuckles and winking. I can practically feel Elijah stiffen beside me in anger.

"Hello, Damon." I say, hiding my nervousness as his words from the other day resurface in my mind. 'I won't give up'. If he kept going after me, Elijah would have his head.