Chapter Twenty-Nine

Slanted/Italicized writing is in Espanol

S. 3 - Ep. 8 - Ordinary People

Abbe's POV:

-Flashback-
9 months before the Mikaelson's were turned

"Rebekah, let me have at it." Klaus demanded, I watched as my elder sister carved her name into the wall as Klaus held my hand.

"No, it's my turn after Bekah!" I complained, watching in awe as Rebekah used the knife.

"Quiet, both of you." Rebekah scolded. "I'm to have my concentration if I'm not to slice off a finger." I shut my mouth tight then, not wanting my sister to come to harm.

"Father will not like you handling the blade." Klaus continued, causing me to shiver at the thought of punishment if I were found.

"If I want to wield a blade, then I shall wield a blade." Rebekah countered. "Father need not know."

"He will find out, he always does." Klaus warned her.

"That is because you always tell him." Rebekah blamed him. Klaus held my hand tighter.

"I can not help it." He spoke honestly, "He scares me." I frowned, our father treated Klaus and I the same, he hated us for an unknown reason.

"He frightens us all, Niklaus. That is why we stick together as one. Always and Forever." I spoke up and they both smiled at me.

-End of Flashback-

I sat with Maria at the Grill, she'd shown up this morning, as she does most years to lift my spirits. "She would have turned fourteen yesterday," I told her, smiling sadly into my alcoholic drink.

Maria nodded, "You would have been an amazing mum. And of course, I would have been the best aunt in history!" She said, making me giggle.
I looked down as my phone buzzed with a message.

'Elena was asking about Mikael.'
-Bekah

'What!?'
-Me

'Be careful. She knows he's our father'
-Bekah

My eyes widened, my heart picking up. My phone buzzed again.

'Can we meet?'
-Damon

'Boarding House, 20 minutes'
-Damon

'Sure'
-Me

'BTW, Elena and Ric are here'
-Damon

"What's wrong?" Maria questioned as she read my expression and body language.

"Some people in the town want to get rid of Klaus, they're getting real close." I explained.

"How close?"

"Mikael." I answered and she shook her head in worry.

"I have to meet them in twenty." I sighed, Maria knew of my history, not super in-depth but enough to understand my situation.

"Want a buffer?" She asked, my eyes widened in surprise.

"Really?" She nodded and I let out a relieved breath.

"I can't let you walk into the lion's den alone, now can I?" She laughed and I grinned at her. "So where are we headed?" She asked, jumping up in excitement.

"To my boyfriend's house." She looked surprised but nodded.

"Why do all your significant others always hate Klaus?" She sighed and I shrugged.