Chapter Eight

S. 2 - Ep. 3 - Bad Moon Rising

Caroline's POV:

Stefan and I walked through the woods talking about eating baby animals, becoming cereal killers and whatever else is now normal to talk about now that I'm a vampire. But I still had a question.

"So, how do I remember the compulsion?" I ask, "Like all of it." Stefan gives me an odd look.

"Haven't you already?" He questions, "Damon said you knew what he did."

I nod slowly, not sure about what is real and fake in my memory. "Well, I have this memory. It's about Abbe. I mean, Elena Bonnie and I have known her for... like ever. She moved here when we were twelve. So she can't be... I mean she isn't..." I ran a hand through my hair angry at my jumbled mind.

"You think she's a vampire?" Stefan questions looking confused. I nod.

"I don't know. It's weird, there's this one memory, the day she left. It's like jumbled up and only parts of it came back. Like I wasn't supposed to remember what happened and now I'm a vampire and it tried to come back but it doesn't make sense. Pieces are missing, like there was this guy but I can't remember his name or what he looked like, and Abbe had blood on her clothes but she wasn't hurt and the window was broken and-" Stefan stops me from explaining when my eyes start to swell with tears.

"Hey, hey it's ok." He soothes me, I shake my head.

"No, it's not! I think something happened to her. She was scared, really scared and she'd been crying I think." I stressed pulling on my hair with my hands, Stefan looks conflicted.

"Ok, later we'll go back to the boarding house and we'll talk it out with Bonnie and Elena ok?" I nod, before another memory pops up.

"And Stefan," I say getting his attention back. He nods for me to continue. "I think Damon knows, he compelled me. When we were at the hospital after Bonnie freaked out and was possessed or whatever. Abbe fainted, but Damon came to the hospital and the nurses were running around everywhere freaking out and wouldn't tell me what was wrong. Damon compelled them to think she fainted, but they thought she died, he compelled me to go home and forget." Stefan looked shocked.

"I think Damon turned her!" I blurted, it made sense. She left after that, she didn't talk to us the day after and then she left. I started nodding to myself, sure that I was right.

"Let's go meet Damon and Elena at the boarding house." Stefan stated, he looks confused and hurt.

Damon's POV:

It's late we just got back from Duke and Stefan has called a 'Mystic Falls gang' meeting. Elena and Stefan were sitting together on a couch while Caroline sat on an armchair and Bonnie stood as far from me as possible. I was of course pouring myself a bourbon.

"So, Caroline's been getting her memories back from the compulsion. And-" I cut Stefan off.

"Let me stop you there brother, if this is just a meeting to reminisce about how bad I screwed up and how I never should have compelled poor innocent Caroline in the first place. Then I'm out." I state ready to walk up to my room.

"This is about Abbe, Damon. You need to hear this." I admit he'd peaked my interest, but it's not like anyone knows about her, right?

"She went to France, and the best friend group is back down to three. What else is there to discuss?" I aks, Caroline and Stefan are giving me dirty looks.

"I think she's a vampire, and I think you turned her." Caroline states, glaring at me. There is a collective gasp from Bonbon and Elena and I roll my eyes.