Chapter Six

Cutting Ties

Caroline's POV:

    "Hey, have either of you seen Abbe?" I ask as I pass two students who Abbe's hung out with in the past. They both shake their heads and continue on. I sigh and head over to Bonnie and Elena.

    "Hey, Care." Bonnie says, happily before looking behind me, her brows furrow. "Where's Abbe? I haven't seen her since school on Career Day."

"Me neither. I think she's avoiding us after that whole fainting thing." Elena says closing her locker. My eyes widen a bit, they hadn't seen her either?
"But she hasn't been at school for almost a week! And I haven't seen her since Career Day either. I think something's up." I state, before posing my theory.

"I went over to her house to pick her up on Career Day, because she obviously wasn't going to get herself to the school without help. I mean, I even heard her cursing the future. Anyway, she wasn't there. And her bedroom window was broken, there were glass shards all over the front yard. Now she hasn't been at school for five days or contacted any of us. Something is definitely up!" Elena and Bonnie both got concerned looks.

"Let's call her." Elena says, taking out her phone.

"Maybe she's sick," Bonnie says, looking for an excuse.

"When has Abbe ever been sick? I mean we've know her for four years and never has she been sick." I say worried. Elena puts the phone on speaker and it rings twice before someone answers.

"Abbe's phone, what can I do for you?" Comes a voice on the other line. The person is clearly british, his accent similar to the one Abbe's voice takes on when she forgets to cover it. I never understood why she did it, her accent was to die for.

"Umm, who is this?" Elena asks, cautiously. There was a light chuckle and he answered.

"I'm one of Abbe's brothers, and yourselfs?" How did he know there were multiple of us?

"We're her friends from school. Umm, is she there?" Bonnie questions, lightly tapping her finger in anticipation.

"Yes, though she'll be a minute." He responds, he sounded cocky. The opposite of Abbe.

The three of us sat there awkwardly waiting for Abbe. Before I decided to speak. She had never said much about her family, though I knew she had more than a few siblings. This was my chance to find out about them. "You said you're her brother, right?" I ask.

"Yes, the third oldest. Any other questions, love?" He asks, Elena, Bonnie and I exchange a look, this guy is really flirty. Not that I am complaining.

"Umm, are you in Mystic Falls? We haven't seen Abbe in a few days and we were wondering where she was." I explain.

"Yes, well. That would be my fault, I took it upon myself to kidnap my little sister the other day. You see we have some family business here in France." He explains, his voice becoming a little colder than before.

"Did you say you are in France?" Elena asks, before we hear another voice.

"Is that my phone?" Abbe's voice is quiet, farther away from the speaker.

"That it is sister, I was just speaking to some of your friends." He says, his voice is playful, yet venomous.

"That is quite enough, Niklaus. Quit tormenting her and give the phone back." Another man's voice says, another british accent. I recognize it, but from where?

"Ah, well. I must go now. Thank you for entertaining me, loves." He says and Abbe's voice is heard closer.

"Sorry, he's had my phone since I got here. What's up?" I gawk at the phone.