Chapter Thirty-Five

S. 3 - Ep. 14 - Dangerous Liaisons

Abbe's POV:

I giggled as Damon's lips once again distracted me from making pancakes. He'd already been the cause of two burnt ones so I pushed him off me. "Come on, Abbe." He whined and again started to nibble at my earlobe. I sighed, letting my body lean into him as I flipped a pancake, almost dropping it when an involuntary moan left my mouth. Kylie came skipping into the kitchen, eagerly surveying the pancakes on the counter. I pushed Damon away and he smirked at me as I tried to regain my composure.

"I'm going out." Alice stated as she walked into the kitchen, grabbing a pancake and quickly smearing a butterknife of Nutella over it. I laughed at Damon's disgusted expression and followed Alice to the front door.

"You know, Jace will be here in a few minutes if you want to see him before you go." Alice sighed, taking a bite of her pancake and shook her head, I frowned.

"Hey, what's up with you lately?" I asked in concern. Alice shook her head again and grabbed her purse, but she paused with her hand on the doorknob.

"He's gone all the time now, Abbe. He's never here and I know it's because Mom lost her job... and I know it's so he can make enough money to keep us together... and I'm grateful I won't lose Kylie or you... But Jace's never here in the first place! Why does it matter if we have the money to stay together if he's not even here!" She cried, her eyes brimming with unshed tears.

"Oh, Sweetheart." I sighed, as she continued.

"But the worst part is his pride! I heard you two on the phone the other day. You offered to give him the money, but his damn pride is too much!" I hugged her and wiped away her tears.

"We'll talk about this later, OK?" I said when I heard a car pull up outside. I wiped my thumb under her eye to get the last stray tear before smiling at her. "For now, you go have fun on your date. You look beautiful by the way." She smiled in thanks and opened the door.

I studied the guy that had pulled up in a truck to pick up Alice. I smirked when I deducted that he was in fact attractive. "Use protection!" I called to Alice, knowing the boy couldn't hear me. She gave me the middle finger behind her back as she sweetly smiled at the boy who looked absolutely head over heels for her.

I grinned at the two as the boy waved to me happily and I smiled and waved back, Alice looked as if she wanted to die right there. She hurried him into the truck and they drove away. Moments later Rebekah pulled up and she and Kol got out of the car. I sighed and headed inside, leaving the front door open for them.

I grinned at my boyfriend as he towered whipped cream into Kylie's mouth. She giggled in delight as she swallowed the creamy substance. Rebekah walked in and scrunched up her nose at the sight of Damon. I rolled my eyes at her attitude before greeting Kol with a hug.

"Damon, Kylie meet Kol. Kol, meet Damon and Kylie." I introduced and Kylie greeted Kol and Rebekah with a large grin. Kylie and Rebekah had met once at the Grill before she was daggered. When I noticed the hostility between my boyfriend and my Brother I groaned. "Be civil please."

"Where's Jace?" Rebekah asked, she held three white envelopes, invites to the ball. I'd requested one from her for Damon and one for Care, she handed them to me I thanked her as Damon was distracted having a stare-off with Kol. Bekah was inviting Jace as her date, to make up for when she was daggered and couldn't go to the homecoming.

"He'll be here soon, he's been staying out of town for work," I respond, then the front door opens and I hear heels... Jace doesn't wear heels.

Caroline rounds the corner with intent, she sets down a large gift box and a matching envelope, her name scrawled on top. "Please tell me this is from you." I pick up the envelope and read the invitation to the ball, a smirk forms on my lips and I peek inside the box. Inside is a beautiful dress, my brother is quite the charmer.