Chapter Thirty

S. 3 - Ep. 9 - Homecoming

Part One

Rebekah's POV:

I watched with bated breath as Stefan played my brother. "I saw it with my own eyes." Stefan confirms that Elena had daggered Mikael, who currently lay desiccated on the floor.

"I want to speak with Rebekah." Klaus demands.

"That's not a problem, she's right here." Stefan hands me the phone and I bring it to my ear.

"Hello, Nik" I swallow my anger at him to remain calm.

"Rebekah, love. What's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run-in with a dagger?"

"It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good." I say.

"And what of Abbe?" I can hear his worry and my heart clenches.

"Safe. She ran when he was woken." I explain. "I miss you. I'm miserable here." I lie.

"I'll be home soon."

"Good." I force a smile into my voice. "I'll see you then Brother." Klaus hung up and I took the phone from my ear. "He bought it." I say handing Stefan his phone. "He's coming home."

I sat across from the vampire girl, Maria as she typed away on her computer. Damon had been in the cooler room looking for some blood and he finally returned. "Here you are, ladies." He grinned as he handed both of us a glass of blood.

"Thanks." Maria murmured as she kept her eyes glued to the screen of her laptop.

"How do you know Abbe?" I asked finally, it had been bugging me that I didn't know since last night when I'd found out she was important to my Little Sister. She was turned when she was in her early twenties, I could tell that much, and she was from Spain according to Damon but that's all I knew.

"Long story." She answered, glancing up at me briefly. Before she looked to the doorway as Jace, Abbe's werewolf friend, entered. He grinned upon seeing her and I grew more irritated, it seemed that the people in this town knew more about my Little Sister than I do.

"It's been a while, Maria." Jace greeted she smiled at him and said something in Spanish, he laughed and shook his head.

"Nah, she's too old for me." He answered her unknown question. I should have learned Spanish.

"Hey, Rebekah." Jace grinned at me and I gave him a small smile. I was surprised with myself at how comfortable I felt with the werewolf despite my minor prior interaction with him.

"Hey," I responded, tiredly. He sat down beside me and Maria started asking him questions in Spanish. Eventually, he handed her his necklace. It was a long silver chain with a small silver locket at the end that normally hid under his shirt, hanging mid-chest. She turned the necklace around in her hand and spoke again in Spanish.

"You know some of us don't understand Spanish." I snapped eventually, I suddenly realized I was jealous and my dead heart sped up. Maria smirked at me as if she knew what I was thinking and switched to English as she opened the locket, removing a tiny red stone.

"I apologize, Rebekah." She smirked, Jace rolled his eyes at her and looked at me.

"Sorry, Bekah." He grinned and I felt my heart flutter at the nickname.

"As I was saying." Maria rolled her eyes. "The necklace should be good for at least a few more months. I'll get you a replacement stone soon."

"Thanks, this thing's a life saver," Jace said as he took back the necklace with the stone returned to the inside of the locket. I pouted, still not understanding despite them switching to English.