Chapter Twenty-Six

26 - S.3 - Ep. 5 - The Reckoning

Rebekah's POV:

The vampire hurriedly checked for her boyfriend's non-existent heartbeat as I scrolled through her phone. The little gadget was quite entertaining. The phone started to ring and my little sister's name popped up on the tiny screen.

Caroline attempted to snatch the phone away from me but I pulled it further from her and answered. "Hey, Care. Look I know I'm late please don't kill me." Spoke, I could hear the sound of a car in the background.

"Sorry, Little Sister. Caroline's a little preoccupied at the moment." I grinned, hearing Abbe's voice.

A few seconds later I could hear her suck in a breath. "Bekah?"

"Yep, I'm alive and well. Have been for a few days actually, but you weren't picking up Nik's calls." I grinned, "Not that I blame you, he's still quite the bastard, our brother." Abbe laughed and I could hear the pure joy in it.

"Why are you late?" Caroline questioned, a look of disbelief on her face as she realized who I was.

Abbe sigh dramatically, "Well, there was this flight attendant, and wow was he ever good looking I just had to have a taste. But his girlfriend walked in and it took a little longer than expected." Caroline rolled her eyes as I remarked the stark contrast to my sister last time I saw her and now. Just by this phone call I could tell things had changed, she was different.

"You're on your way?" Caroline asked from her spot beside Tyler.

"Yeah, I'm just about there. Don't kill each other." Abbe said before hanging up.

Abbe's POV:

I walked down the school hallway looking for Rebekah and Caroline. I heard yelling from around the corner and sped over. Klaus had his hand around Elena's neck as Stefan panted on the floor with a wooden broom handle sticking out of his torso. His eyes were wrong though, nothing like they'd been at the beginning of summer, he no longer had humanity.

"What the bloody hell are you doing?" I questioned, tearing the two apart. Elena tried to run but I sped and grabbed her forearm in my grip so she could escape.

"Little Sister, so nice of you to join us, I was just about to murder the doppelganger so I can turn my hybrids. Care to watch?" Klaus questioned, putting out his hand for me to give him Elena. I raised my brow at him.

"They're not turning?" I question, confusion all over my face.

"Exactly, the Original Witch says it's because the doppelganger is still alive. So, I'll kill her. Problem solved." I shook my head in disbelief at his lack of knowledge on our own curse.

"No, you idiot! Do you really know so little on a matter you've strived to achieve for centuries?" I snapped and Klaus looked like a deer caught in headlights before snapping out of it and sending me a hard glare.

"Care to explain Little Sister?" I rolled my eyes.

"Follow me, you imbecile." I started walking down the hall pulling Elena behind me as Klaus followed to where I had located the stench of Tyler Lockwood.

I strutted into the lab where Caroline, Tyler and Rebekah were. Seeing Tyler's state I rolled my eyes realizing what Klaus had done. "Abbe!" Care jumped up from her seat while Tyler looked at me confused.

"Now, Abbe. Please explain how this works." Klaus says annoyed, I give him a fake smile.

"One moment." Klaus rolls his eyes as Rebekah walks over and we embrace, tears coming to my eyes. "I have conditions, Nik" I say, detaching myself from my sister. Rebekah smirks at Klaus as he groans.