Chapter Twenty

S.2 - Ep. 20 - The Last Day
Part 1

Damon's POV:

My phone rang, waking me up. I grumbled before looking at the caller ID.

Abbe.

I was confused, to say the least. Elena had explained what Elijah and Abbe had said, Klaus was their brother. Or... he was their half-brother, a hybrid.

I answered the phone and I heard her sweet voice. "Morning, Damon." I grinned, despite the shit tonne of questions resting at the back of my mind.

"Isn't it a little early for you to be up." I joked, knowing her sleep schedule was practically that of a vampire without a daylight ring.

"Yeah, but Jace's kid sisters are staying with me for a bit and they're early risers." She rambled, something was up, she was nervous.

"What's up?"

"Umm... so I'm guessing Elena told you guys about everything we told her yesterday?" She started, her voice was cautious, scared I would be angry.

"Yeah, she did," I responded. There was silence, and I could hear her heartbeat pick up. "You could have told me you know," I said and I could tell she was surprised by this. "You're only half-siblings anyway, right?"

"Well... about that. Can you meet me one kilometre west of the Boarding House in ten minutes?" She asked, I hummed in curiosity.

"Sure." A smirk came to my lips, was this because she didn't want her brother to know of our relationship.

Abbe's POV:

I was thankful to Elijah when he told me that he hadn't divulged my secret. He'd explained to Elena that it had been Klaus who was the hybrid, he didn't mention me... But I knew that sooner than later someone was going to find out, and so I decided to tell Damon first. Alice and Kylie were at their uncle's house and I was currently standing one kilometre west of the Boarding House.

Just as I had convinced myself this was a bad idea, Damon appeared in front of me.

"Hey," He said, pecking my lips. I smiled nervously and stepped away from him, he frowned in confusion.
"What's wrong?" I took a deep breath.

"Nik wasn't the only bastard child in the family," I say quickly before I can chicken out. Damon raised his eyebrow. "Klaus, I mean..." I sighed, "I'm the same, the man that raised me wasn't my biological father. I have the same father as Klaus." Damon's eyes went wide, he stared at me for a second before shaking his head.

"No."

"It's true Damon..." He turned around and I frowned.

"Your eyes." He spoke still with his back facing me, "Your ability to walk in the sun without a daylight ring, you don't react to vervain..." He turned around slowly, staring at me. He shook his head, he looked almost scared - horrified - he reached up and grabbed his hair in his fist. "No..."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, it's just I was scared about how you'd react and..."

"Scared about how I'd react!?" Damon yelled at me suddenly, I flinched and stepped back. "How do I react!? Abbe, you're him! You're the same as him!" He growled and took a menacing step forward. I backed up in a hurry, almost tripping on a log.

"Damon, please. I'm not like him!" I stumbled and my back hit a tree. I was scared, I could feel the anger radiating off him in waves.

"Really? Then why are you here? Huh? Why did you become friends with Elena in the first place?" He yelled.