Chapter Sixteen

Wow! Over 200 reads, guys! Thank you so much!
Also a longer chapter to make up for my absence!
- blob243

S. 2 - Ep 16 - The House Guest

    Abbe's POV:

    I knocked on the door to the Salvatore boarding house and waited. I was late for school but I didn't care, it's not like I had really been there for the last half a year anyway. What's one more day? Elena and Stefan had been skipping as well and I doubted they would be on time if they were coming at all.

I was right of course, Stefan answered the door himself. When his eyes landed on me his face paled drastically.

"Abbe," He said, trying to play down his nerves. "Hey,"

I raised an eyebrow at him. "I'm looking for my brother, happen to know where I can find him?" Stefan gulped and scratched the back of his head. Elijah wasn't picking up his calls and I knew something was wrong. If the call last night was any indication he was either daggered or plotting his revenge.

"Um, I think he left town. Got a lead on Klaus or something." Stefan said. He was a crap liar. Elijah never would have left town without letting me know and he never would have given them a reason for his leaving either.

"Well, in that case. I'll just pick up the dagger, take it off your hands." I spoke, locking eyes with him. I stepped inside and past Stefan.

"I-I don't have it." He stuttered before clearing his throat. Another lie. I was getting tired of him and I was done with his lying. I stepped towards him menacingly and in the speed of light, I had his neck snapped.

Damon had obviously heard the commotion and vamp sped downstairs, another vampire hot on his heels. I was expecting Caroline but it wasn't her scent. I growled, turning around to Katerina Patrova. I sped over to her breaking off a chair leg in the process and shoved it into her stomach.
A smirk rested on my face as she gasped in surprise and fell to the ground. "What happ-" Elena stopped mid-sentence seeing me and she took steps back in fear.

"Where is my brother?" I questioned, knowing now that he has been daggered since his compulsion wore off. Katerina is no longer in the tomb.

"You snapped Stefan's neck!" Elena yelled at me, gaining some of her confidence back. I sent her an uncaring expression and she once again backed away.

"He lied to me." I stated simply, "Now do I really need to ask again?" I questioned turning to Damon who looked equal part shocked, equal part cautious. "My brother?"

"Did he tell you his full plan?" Damon asked me slowly. What does he mean? Elijah's full plan? Katerina finally got the stake out of her stomach and I pushed it back in. She grunted in pain as I pierced a new hole through her abdomen.

When I don't answer Damon continues. "He needed to get Klaus weak enough to kill him. The only way to do that was to complete the sacrifice. He needed to sacrifice Elena."

I shake my head, "Wrong, the doppelganger is the last piece of the sacrifice. Klaus could be weak enough by then." I defended, glancing at Elena cautiously.

"But is it guaranteed? Or are you guessing he would be?" Damon asks rhetorically, I take in a strained breath. "Elijah wouldn't take any chances, he wants Klaus dead," Damon states, I stand rigid for a moment before throwing the table in front of me across the room.

Elena flinches and Damon walks over to me, worry in his eyes but also a relieved look. "You didn't know." He states and I shake my head letting out an angry breath.

Katerina scoffs, just having removed the stake once again. "Of course she didn't." I turn to her and glare but she just smirks. "Abbe cares about Elena, so naturally Elijah wouldn't want her to know he was planning on killing her. You see Be.." She says using her nickname for me. "You always believe that your brothers won't lie to you. And you're right of course, except on the occasion that they do something that could hurt you. Then they will lie through their teeth until the deed is done. After that you forgive them and forget, leaving a never-ending pattern of you getting hurt." She smiles at me and I continue to glare.