Chapter Four

This is a short one. Sorry!

S. 1 - Ep. 10 - The Turning Point

Damon's POV:

    Someone was killing people again, just great. And leaving it out in the open like that? That's just sloppy. It didn't seem like Abbe's style. I closed the door as Liz left. Then I was slammed against the wall. "You killed someone!" Stefan accuses me.

    "Get off me." I say pushing him back, "And no, I didn't do anything."

    "Then there's another vamp in town." Stefan says, a worried broody expression settling on his face. I raise my brow, is he so stupid to not realize Abbe is a vamp? I guess he only met her once and he thinks so low of me that I bet he thinks I compelled her into bed. I bit my tongue to stop myself from yelling.

    "We can't leave now." Stefan states.

    Abbe's POV:

    'Career Day!', 'Plan Your Future!' I internally groaned seeing another sign being hung up. "Fuck the future." I mutter. Being a vampire the future wasn't something I looked forward to. I would never have a family, or a long-term job, people would see that I'm not aging.

    "Well someone's grumpy." Caroline laughs coming up beside me.

    "I hate these kinds of things!" I whine, before coming up with an idea. "You know what! I won't come tonight!"

    "Oh, come on Abbe. Don't be a baby, of course you're coming!" Caroline says before waving bye and heading to her class. I was definitely not coming.

    Suddenly I'm pulled into an empty classroom. Damon stands in front of me, his face inches from mine. My heart starts to speed up, I need to stop thinking about him. Get yourself together, Abbe! God!

    "What are you doing Damon?" I ask stepping away from him after a minute of silence.

    "Did you happen to, I don't know. Eat a woman in front of Elena's house last night and not clean it up?" He asks, I glare at him.

    "Of course not! I was in the hospital remember?" I say annoyed and hurt that he would even think I did it. "Aren't you supposed to be gone?" I question crossing my arms.

    "Change of plans. Stefan wants to find this mystery vampire and make sure Elena is safe before we head out." My heart swells with the fact that he'll be staying and I kick myself. He's in love with someone else.

    "Well, I have to admit that is kinda sweet." I say, only partly sarcastically. Damon scoffs.

    "Since when are you a romantic?" He scoffs. I raise my eyebrows at his tone.

"I'm not, I just think it's sweet that he cares about her even though they'll never have a future together."

"Unless, she's a vampire." Damon smirks, I hit his chest.

"Elena would never survive as a vampire, one of her most prominent traits is empathy, along with being caring and kind." I huff, "Anyway, I got class. Anything else you want to accuse me of before I go?" I question sarcastically.

"Ahh, no?" Damon says, although it's more of a question.

"Bye then." I say giving him a little wave.

"Wait!" I turn toward his outburst, "Can I have your phone number." I glare at him, before typing it into his phone for him.