Chapter Twenty-Two

S.2 - Ep. 21 - The Sun Also Rises

Abbe's POV:

"My duty is to Klaus. The new order." My brother's witch told Elena as we walked into the open area.

"Glad to know I still have a dance partner."

Fire circles danced around the three sacrifices and I sighed at the similar memories from when I broke my curse. I studied each member, the doppelganger first. Elena was shaking in fear yet still mustered a puny glare towards me. Next was the werewolf, Jules. I was glad that she would be dead soon, she was a nuisance. Lastly was the vampire, a newly turned Jenna. I frowned a bit, I'd always liked Jenna, she was fun and treated me more like an adult than a child, unlike most humans.

"Are we ready?" Klaus smirked and I let a small smile pass my lips. It'd been a long time coming.

As Greta and Klaus began the ritual I watched in sick fascination as Jules' body ripped apart. I listened with vampire hearing, listening as her bones tore through skin and muscle tissue. I grinned as another round of her screams echoed.

"Greta you must show me this spell after the ritual, it is truly fascinating." I smiled at the young witch. She nodded smirking at me before turning to my brother.

"You're sick Abbe! You're disgusting, both of you!" I turned to the doppelganger and smirked as my brother came up behind me.

"Shall we?" He asked and I nodded. The fire circle around Jules dissipated and she lunged at me. I caught her by the neck and threw her to Klaus. He nodded in thanks before ripping her heart out.

I listened in on Elena and Jenna's conversation and only began to despise Elena more. But I felt bad for Jenna, she didn't deserve this. Klaus began talking with them and Elena pleaded for their lives, suddenly I sensed another vampire.

I turned to where he was standing on the ridge of the quarry. "Well, well, well. I don't remember you being on the guest list." I spoke, catching the attention of the others.

"I'm here to talk," Stefan said, keeping his voice void. The boys made eye contact and Klaus nodded.

"Very well then." Klaus sped up to him while I stayed with the girls.

Stefan wanted to trade himself for Jenna. I frowned, not sure which one I would rather die. I guess it didn't really matter because one second of eye contact with Klaus told me his choice. The boys came down the hill and I grinned.

"So, who's it going to be Elena?" I asked, motioning to both vampires in turn. She glared at me.

"No."

"Oh, don't worry." I sighed, "There's actually no choice." I vamp-sped behind Stefan and shoved the stake Klaus had been holding diagonally down his back, beside his spine. Then I twisted the wood at a sharp angle, snapping it in his back.

"I have other plans for your boyfriend," Klaus explained. "I want him alive. But for now." He shrugged and snapped Stefan's neck. "Whenever you're ready, Greta."

Jenna's fire circle disappeared and she sped to Greta biting into her neck. Klaus ripped her off sending her flying to the ground.

I sped towards her. "Abbe." She said in surprise, most likely only recognizing me now, after all, it'd been a while since I'd seen her.

I smiled at her and grabbed her face. "You don't deserve this, Darling. I'm sorry." I held her head, making eye contact and ignoring my brother's warning tone from behind me. "You won't feel a thing. No pain, no sadness, no guilt, only happy memories Jenna." I let go of her and Klaus took her, giving me a look. I ignored him and watched as the stake went through Jenna's heart, a calm look on her face as she turned gray and veiny.

"It's time," I told my brother as I recognized the portion of Greta's chanting. Elena's fire circle went out and Klaus started towards her. She glared at him as he offered her a hand and walked past my brother and me, towards her death. Klaus stood beside Elena and they conversed as I listened for intruders.

Klaus drank from Elena and I listened as her heartbeat stopped, a sad smile on my face before looking at my older brother. He grinned back at me and a full-fledged smile broke out on my face. He started to turn and he walked towards me.

"Thank you, Little Sister." He spoke sincerely, I smiled up at him, before he was suddenly thrown and I felt a crushing pain in my chest. I couldn't breathe. Bonnie was chanting loudly and I could feel the deceased witches aiding her.

"Nik!" I screamed in pain, the air getting sucked out of me. I could hear my brother's screams as well.

Suddenly, I heard Damon screaming at Bonnie. "Bonnie what the hell! Abbe's not a part of this let her go!" I would have felt guilt at that moment if it wasn't for my anger at the teenaged witch.

"She was a part of this Damon, she helped Klaus kill them!" Stefan yelled at his brother from his place on the floor.

"No!" Damon was in denial like always. He rushed to me and held me to him as he crouched down on his knees. "Bonnie stop!" Damon demanded as I could feel my eyes shutting, lack of oxygen working its magic.

Bonnie relented, and I could breathe again. I heaved as Damon looked at me in worry. "Sorry," I spoke as I regained my breath. I stood and sped towards Bonnie, taking her by surprise I made three quick jabs to her neck and arms, her magic suddenly sputtering out. She looked at me in anger and horror as she attempted to throw me back, I turned away from her and saw my worst fear this night could offer.

Elijah stood over Klaus and before I could stop it I was grabbed from behind, Stefan held me back as Elijah stuck his hand into Klaus' chest.

"No!" I screeched, "No! Elijah please, no!" Both men turned to me and I could see Elijah's surprise. He turned to glare at Klaus.

"In the name of our family Niklaus." Elijah began, I screamed for him to stop but Bonnie's previous attack had left me weaker than anticipated.

"I didn't bury them at sea!" Klaus suddenly yelled and I calmed slightly, hoping Elijah would see reason.

"What?"

"Their bodies are safe. If you kill me you'll never find them." Klaus coaxed.

Elijah stared at our brother, I could see his mind turning. "Elijah, don't listen to him!" Stefan yelled.

"Elijah I can take you to them!" Klaus said, gritting his teeth in pain. "I give you my word Brother." Elijah still didn't look convinced. "If you do this, you'll leave Abbe all alone." That was the turning point, Elijah turned to me and his eyes softened.

"Don't do this Elijah!" Stefan yelled in panic, his arms loosening around me for the moment I needed to get out, I sped towards my brothers and placed myself in between them, my hands on Elijah's arm.

"Please," I begged him, he sighed and turned to Stefan and Bonnie, looking at them sadly.

"I'm sorry." He said before speeding the three of us away.

I spent the night running with Klaus in wolf form before turning and heading to Ric's apartment. I opened the door and was met by the face of Katerina. I glared at her and she quickly moved from the doorway. I spun the small bottle Klaus had given me in my hand as I waited for Jace to walk over. He smiled at me sadly before raising a brow at me.

"I changed sides, Nik's alive," I explained, Katerina gasped and threw a panicked tantrum as I tossed Jace the small glace bottle through the barrier separating us. "Drink up." He did and I opened my arms for him, he easily stepped through the barrier after consuming the potion and he wrapped me in his arms.

"I missed you." He whispered as I nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck.

"And I, you," I said, he smiled.

"What about me?" Katerina snapped. I smirked at her.

"My brothers will be back in a few days, until then you can stay right here."
Jace and I headed back to my house, where Kylie and Alice were ecstatic to see their brother.