Chapter Forty-Two

Full Moon

Part Two

Natasha's POV:

I was chained to the concrete floor with magic-suppressing shackles in an old cellar, and I was starting to regret my decision to come. The witches were talking amongst themselves, ignoring me for the most part, unless one of them felt it was time for another questioning session.

These questioning sessions were the worst part of my 'voluntary' imprisonment. They consisted of the highest members of the Lamia coven asking me question after question, most of which I didn't know the answers to. The questions were vague and most included one of three people. My Dad, my Aunt Maria or Abbe Mikaelson. When was the last time you saw Maria Lopez? What happened when you hurt Joshua? Why would you hurt Joshua? What is your relationship with Abbe Mikaelson? Why did you attend the party thrown by Abbe Mikaelson? The questions went on and on, a never-ending stream of seemingly unrelated queries.

"Can I go home now?" I asked Renn, an upper-class warlock, and the man who had just been questioning me.

"No." He answered. I waited for him to continue but he didn't. Instead, the irritating voice of Celia cut in.

"What home do you plan on going back to?" She asked with a smirk, raising a brow. She had just arrived, walking through the door beside Henry, he was an elder himself, and only one seat lower than the Coven's Leader, Regie. "You destroyed it, remember?" I frown, holding tears back as the memories I'd tried so desperately to forget come rushing back. She was right, I had no home. Not anymore.

"How's Dad?" I question, my eyes finding Celia's disdainful gaze. She'd been at the hospital, she'd know.

"How dare you ask about him! Have you no respect for what you've done?" She screeched back at me. Again, my eyes filled with tears, although this time they fell.

"Celia, silence." Henry scolded the witch. "Everyone, leave us." He commanded. The witches listened, only one staying behind. "Celia, leave us." She looked shocked that he had meant to include her in his command, huffing and stomping like a child out of the basement we were in.

"Your father is hurt, but he will live. Your mother made sure of that." Henry said, sending me a pitying smile. I kept my eyes on him as he fetched a chair, bringing it over so he could sit in front of me. Thank god Dad was ok.

"My mother?" I question, shock and disbelief coating my voice.

Henry nodded, his smile turning to a frown as he studied me. The man himself was in his late 60s, with a graying beard and an unusually full head of hair for his age. He had kind eyes and had always been one of my favourite Elders. He'd always seemed so kind, he was thoughtful and unlike most of the older witches and warlocks, he wasn't scary and strict.

"You know my mom?" Again he nodded. "She's here?" He sighed at that, but confirmed it with another nod.

"Natasha, you are a very special girl." Henry began, confusing me. "When you were born we were instructed by the Spirits to kill you. You would be too powerful, and in the wrong hands - the hands of your mother's family, according to the spirits - you would have the potential for great, but destructive magic. They believed you too dangerous and wanted you dead." I was shocked, horrified and confused. So many questions on my lips but Henry kept going.

"We didn't want to kill a baby, it would be horrible, treason even. Especially since you were the daughter of a Lopez, a longstanding family in the coven. So, we compromised. We, with help from the Spirits of our Ancestors and the Original Witch, cast a spell convincing your mother that you had died. She believed you'd been stillborn. Another reason for this course of action was because your mother was a threat to the coven. She is strong and has been alive for many centuries. We wanted her gone. And it worked. Abbe Mikaelson believed you had died and she left." Abbe Mikaelson? Was she my mom? But I'd already considered this and thought it impossible. How? He answered my unasked question next.