Chapter Nineteen

That last chapter ended kinda depressing... sorry...

But I got a question... seriously. I haven't posted many stories so I'm not sure if this is normal or not but can someone enlighten me as to why this happens... some of my chapters in this book have like 20 readers then the next one has like 12 and then the one after that has like 17! Are people like skipping chapters or something? I'm confused. Or is it like if you download them then they don't come up as read or something?
Can someone tell me why... I'm honestly really curious.

Anyway here's another chapter!

Also Damon is not with Andy he's just using her to try and get into Ric's apartment.

-blob243

S.2 - Ep. 19 - Klaus

    Jace's POV:

    Mr. Saltzman, who actually wasn't Mr. Saltzman but Abbe's psycho brother, Klaus, closed the door behind his witch. Katherine, who looked creepily like Elena Gilbert, my classmate, handed Klaus a mug of coffee.

    They conversed as I glared at them, my anger tenfold what it normally was considering the full moon was the next day. My phone buzzed on the counter, signaling another message from my friends. Klaus had put it on automatic voicemail, taking amusement in each of his younger sister's pleas for me to call her back. Klaus shushed Katherine and grinned at me as Abbe's voice again filtered through the receiver.

    "Alice called me..." those words broke my heart a bit. "I'm picking her and Kylie up from your place now, they can stay with me until you decide to come back."

I shut my eyes and rested my head in my hands, I'm so screwed. Alice and Kylie were my younger sisters, each of us had a different Dad but lived with our Mom, who was an alcoholic and was never home. The girls were 14 and 11 and adored Abbe but I knew it would take years of explaining for them to forgive me for not showing up last night. Our Mom did that, not me. I was supposed to be reliable, they were supposed to be able to count on me. I shook my head in self-disappointment as Abbe hung up.

Alice knew very little about the supernatural world while Kylie knew nothing, after all they weren't werewolves like me, I had my Dad's genes to blame for that. I wasn't sure if Mom was even home last night but I knew at least st they would be ecstatic to be staying with Abbe, since... She did live in a mansion.

"Now... It looks like Abbe will be busy babysitting instead of trying to stop me from killing her friends. Taking you really was quite a good idea." Klaus spoke in amusement. I glared daggers at him.

"You know if you kill any of her friends she'll never forgive you." I spat at him. He just smirked, although there was an underlying sadness and regret I'd learned to pick up on with Abbe.

Abbe's POV:

    -Flashback-
    March 1492

    "Nik, I don't understand what is so wrong with playing with my food." I challenged my older brother as we headed down the stairs and into the grand hall for the party.

    He sighed and looked around the room, keeping my arm looped with his as we descended the stairs. "It's a matter of principal, Abbe. A lady should never dirty herself, especially in that way."

"You sound like Elijah." I grumble, spotting said sibling across the room. "I miss Kol." I mumble as Klaus glares at the comparison between him and our elder brother. As we head through the crowd Klaus greets people and I nod at their returned greetings.

I heard the sudden strained breath from beside me and peered around Klaus to see what had caused it. A stunning brunette with porcelain skin and a curiously familiar face stood to the left of Elijah. I got over my shock in seconds and stepped forward to greet the woman.