Breaking France part 1

Mufasa and his men surrounded the prison, it was built like a fortress. Makeshift platforms were assembled as watch towers and most of the windows were barred or boarded up. He had several snipers in position to take out the men in the watch tower, the rest of his men were loitering into position disguised are drunks toasting the death of the king and queen or in the nearby buildings secretly taking aim at the guards. Mufasa knew that it was critical to wait until they got the signal, they would have to kill as many guards as possible and free the prisoners, which was the easy part. The hard part was being the distraction. As soon as they took the prison they were to free the prisoners and fight their way to the shore. At that point all Hell would break loose and all the soldiers would rush to stop them. It was dangerous and risky but Mufasa had a brilliant war mind and had more than one way of making it out with the least amount of casualties.

** ** **

The party was glorious, the food was spread out and the music was riveting. The party for the death of the king had drawn almost every noble. It was a somber event for those who were not eager for the death of their king, but it was an uproarious occasion for those who felt the death of the king meant one step closer to victory or even victory itself. Everyone who was anyone was here, nobody wanted to be seen as an enemy to the Revolution out of fear that they may be next.

Aladdin and his agents had been in place for months and were at the party as servants. There was a bomb outside that he could trigger remotely; when he got the signal it would cause a panic. In the panic Aladdin and his agents would grab the nobles that were known allies and they would escape through a series of underground pathways mixed with back streets to a group of speedboats and fishing boats that were prepped and ready to take them out of the city.

** ** **

Jack, Elsa, and Kristoff would infiltrate the palace and Eugene would stand by to cover their escape and give the signal. Everything hinged on this moment. Kristoff was the best of the best, he had been recruited from the police academy for his excellence and his age to be a personal guard for the royal family without sticking out too much. He was excelled at all fields of his work but had a special talent for covert operations. Initially his heart had been in serving his country and most importantly the people. He was recruited three times for the other areas and turned them down, but when royalty approached him he couldn't say no to the king and queen. That was when he met Anna soon after began regretting nothing about working away from people. Then when Jack and Elsa approached him about an opportunity to save hundreds of lives of people in France using his underutilized talents Kristoff jumped at the chance. Especially since it meant he could serve the crown and save lives at the same time.

The Palace was armed to the teeth with soldiers, an impossible mission except for the agents who were working for the Order of the First Frost who were still loyal to the king and queen. These agents weren't part of the order but they were more than happy to help by, 'overlooking' a few things. Most of the staff had been on board and had retired for the evening as if nothing had been amiss. Several pieces of soldiers' uniforms had been 'lost', when a fire broke out the previous week. Keys had been misplaced while cleaning, locks on window had been broken, and munitions had gone missing. These and many more instances had been set in motion for the night when the king and queen would be rescued. However, none had planned for these things to be needed so soon, luckily preparation and diligence had been on their side.

Jack, Elsa, and Kristoff found the necessary guard uniforms in an alley where they had been hidden, these would be used to get into the palace unnoticed. Eugene however was surprised to find three armed servants volunteer to help in the escape of the king and queen. Their names were Lumiere, Cogsworth, and a woman named Mrs. Potts, they stood ready to fight to the death if that is what it meant to save the crown. Where all the other servants had slipped out of the city by now with their families, these three considered themselves personal friends of the crown and would not abandon them. Eugene couldn't talk them into leaving and in the end he was grateful to have a couple extra sets of eyes and guns.