Chills on the wind.

The next morning Jack groaned in pain when his alarm went off, he pressed to button to turn off the alarm and shooting pain went up his arm. Jack whimpered and mock/real cried at the pain. He looked at his phone and saw that he had three texts: one from Merida, one from Zie, and one from Violet. Cole was completely unfamiliar to waking up to girls texting him, Jack sure had changed a lot, but he was too distracted by how sore that he was to care.

Jack opened the messages and scrolled through them with one eye.

-Zie

Morning sleepy head

-Merida

Good Morning sexy pants ill see you at school! ;)

-Violet

Hey. Hope you're not too sore this morning.

Jack ignored them, he'd respond after he'd taken a shower. He groaned, "Why are they all early birds?" Jack complained. He really liked Merida, like really liked her it was weird how well they got along. They were like fire and ice, they played off each other, their banter was always back and forth, it was fun. But one thing bothered him, he scrolled through his messages: none from Elsa. Jack sighed in disappointment, but what was he going to do? She had a boyfriend. She had kept him up to date with notes like she said she would and asked him how he was every once in a while but every conversation they had over text or email always felt forced, where every time he talked with Merida everything felt natural. Was he falling for Merida?

Jack pulled up a picture of Zie on his phone, with her alternative look she was very attractive. He scrolled to a picture Merida had sent him while he was in Europe, her fiery red hair was everywhere but she was wearing a smile that instantly made his blood rush and brought a much-needed smile to his face. He then scrolled once more to the stalker picture he had taken of Elsa, she looked just like his Elsa. All the memories of their time together assailed him with warmth.

Jack could have laughed at the irony, the two, three women in his life made him, Jack Frost the master and keeper of winter, warm. He didn't know whether to curse or bless his luck. Being in France with Wintercrest had been so much easier, he had spent so much time around that Elsa that their relationship came naturally. This high school thing was getting a lot more complicated than he ever could have guessed.

** ** **

Jack pulled some stuff out of his locker at lunch time after he had eaten, he laughed and joked with his friends and Merida. Merida slipped her hand into his after he closed his locker. She was more touchy feeling than Elsa had ever been and he liked it. Merida was always grabbing for his hand, she had started this morning and when he grabbed hers to walk her to class she hadn't stopped invading his personal space. But with her, it wasn't his personal space it was... theirs? How odd?

Jack saw Hans and his gang halfway down the hallway, a sight that usually meant trouble and it meant even more trouble now because Hans did not look pleased, and when Hans spotted Jack it only got worse.

"Cole!" Hans yelled, the hallway of students parted as Hans made a beeline for Cole. Hans grabbed Jack and threw him up against the locker, it was one of the only times Hans had taken such an active role in hurting Cole, but Jack wasn't having it. Jack broke his hold and shoved Hans off him.

Jack looked around but didn't see Mor'du, that was when Drago approached, but Jack stepped into him and head butted Drago, making him stagger and back down. North had taught him that when you fought you always needed to be "scarier than the other guy" and Jack couldn't help himself. He had Cole's memories and knew that Drago had it coming.