Dancing

Jack had never remembered dancing to be so much fun, at first he danced with the red haired scottish princess, but as the night went on other girls not only accepted his invitations to dance but they approached him. It had been years since he had actually danced at one of these balls, he wasn't really that good at it back then but of course he didn't really care for it before. Today however, was a completely new day and he loved it. He was not only touching people he was holding girls. Not just that, he was caressing them, and spinning them as the music played, and they held him. It was magnificent. He couldn't contain his joy, he smiled and laughed as he flew along the dance floor with the grace of a snowflake as it glided on the fleeting currents of the wind in a tangled spectacle of motion and order. His presence and his laugh was contagious as his presence on the dance floor stirred the masses from their somber chit chat to a full crowd of lords and ladies joining the dance. Nobody could begin to describe the magic of dancing with Jack or his hearty joy.

The background music of the idle chatter was replaced by glorious instrumental ballads and a chorus of honest joyful laughter. There were times when Jack danced with two or three people at the same time. His presence on the dance floor was magnetic so much so that not even Jack's father could resist the invitation from one of the foreign royals that noticed him.

"That's a mighty fine dancer you have there, where have you been hiding him?" the woman giggled as the music picked up in pace.

"To be honest, he has been hiding himself, but I am glad that he finally came out of his shell. This may be the first of many, we can only hope." Jack's father was pleased to see that his son was finally enjoying himself, there had been too many lonely nights since he had last seen Jack really smile or laugh.

Jack himself could not remember a time that he had so much fun. There were so many people, and he was able to meet them and so many people that could meet him. He looked into countless girls eyes and found them sparkling with a certain fun that he felt they had missed out on. A certain magical type of fun and although he didn't notice it, many eyes were on him and noticing same magical transformation of his dance partners.

After an hour of dancing nonstop the music finally died down, and the guests clapped as the musicians and the dancers caught their breath.

Then a noise caught everyone's attention and the entire ball gazed at the French King and Queen who were hosting the entire affair.

"Announcing the King of Fance, Prince Adam and his lovely bride Queen Belle!" One officials shouted over the room. The King and Queen rose from their thrones to address the crowd.

"I would first like to thank you all for coming!" The king smiled as his voice boomed perfectly over the silent crowd. "I must also thank the youth at this time for your magnificent dancing." All at once the crowd surrounding Jack turned to him and those who we dancing with him and gave them a dignified applause. But a few raps against the ground with a rod echoed and got the attention of the room back towards the King. "I must say thanks to the youth for their energy I am inspired to dance myself, however I don't think my old bones will allow me to keep up with the tempo of the last song as our own Jack Wintercrest gave the musicians a run for their money I'm sure." the room responded with a polite laugh. The King held out his hand to the Queen, she took it and followed him out to the dance floor, the music picked up slowly as it elegantly filled the room and the King and Queen danced.

Once the music started, Jack could hear people whispering gossip under their voices.

"He's not fooling anyone with that 'old bones' bit, he's the best warrior in all of France."

"I hear the locals call him the Beast King of France, and that before he met Queen Belle his anger was cause of several disappearances of the staff."