Two Promises

"You are not so bad," Bunny caught his breath.

"Thank you," Jack, also winded from their friendly bout continued. "Winter' has some fencing skills that seem to have crossed over."

"You will notice some of that in your travels Jack," started Manny. "That some of your memories and skills will mesh because even though you and wintercrest are different souls you are in a sense the same person. Your desires will be the same and you will not even feel him there unless one of you does something that is against the others moral compass, which shouldn't happen."

"Wait! What time is it?" Jack scanned the room for a timepiece.

North divulged the time, Jack's face went pale at the realization that there was no way he would make it back to the ball in time to keep his promise to Elsa.

"What is it Jack?" Manny asked noticing the instant look of panic on Jacks face.

"I made a promise to Elsa that I would be back before the ball was over, if I left now I don't think I would make it, not unless one of your little moon beams could fly me back as fast as one of your letters."

"I got you one better mate." Bunny stood next to Jack and tapped his foot twice on the ground. In response, a hole opened and they fell through it, the next thing Jack knew was that they were behind a bush on the ground outside of the palace.

"That was quick," Jack said astonished.

"How do you think I make my elusive escapes," Bunny tipped his hat. "We'll be in touch Jack, I trust you won't tell anyone our arrangement."

"You can count on me, thanks Bunnymund."

Bunny tapped another hole in the ground and disappeared; Jack fixed his outfit and looked at his sword. It vanished with a subtle blink of light as it disintegrated instantaneously.

"I could get used to this," Jack then scaled the wall and made it back up to the balcony. Once at the top he brushed himself off and walked to the door to the ball, but something stopped him he turned around and walked toward the edge of the balcony and looked at the moon.

Jack put his hand over his heart and felt the fresh power of the stardust, his own frosty powers, and his love radiate as he made a promise to his Elsa, himself, and the powers-that-be: "I will always love you Elsa, and I will always find my way back to you."

For one short moment, he felt Elsa's presence near and knew in his heart that she had heard him.

He turned back toward the ball and in his heart he made another promise one that was uniquely 'Jack Frost', a determination that would not be phased by Gods, time, magic, or men. Elsa I don't care what it takes or what rules I have to break, I swear on all the powers that summoned me to existence and beyond, that nothing will stop me.

Once Jack crossed the threshold of the doors that led into the Tinsel Ball he would never be the same. At that precise instance the powers of Jack Wintercrest's unearthly mental prowess for schemes, disguises, intrigue, tact, and elusiveness (the very same prowess that had hidden him from the courts prying eye and gossip over the course of his life) and Jacks Frosts determination, defiance, awkward charm, and will-power combined in uniquely pervasive machine for toppling Monarchies and breaking time. Within the confines of Jack's mind a plan hatched so devious and brilliant that history itself shuddered. Jack had truly tapped into the infinite potential of the simple phrase: two heads are better than one.

Jack's smile went unheeded as he closed the doors behind him; that one simple smile that would change everything. He strode across the dance floor as the nobles started filtering out signifying the end of the Ball.