Reign of Terror

Jack rose from his bed, the sunlight peeked out from his curtains. This was a new day for him everything was completely different for him now. Had taken Gaston’s advice and came to England with Elsa and his father. Once Jack had mentioned interest in a girl his father was ready to do anything to support his son. Jack had told the other Guardians and they supported him in leaving France for his safety. Well Jack Wintercrest came to England, Jack Frost would travel with Bunnymund every other night to fight Fearlings back in France.

Being a Guardian in this world was harder than he could have imagined but it was still one of the most fun and satisfying things he was able to do. Life as a noble was boring but he played his part as good as any professional actor. He looked forward to the nights that he was actually able to help people by protecting them from the hoards of dark creatures that lurked in the city by the thousands. Christmas had been the scariest and busiest day to be fighting Fearlings while North disappeared for a few hours to deliver toys to the few that still believed in Christmas. Jacks heart was heavy with sorrow for his friends who were nearing purposelessness.  

It had been a few months since he had left France but situations had escalated dramatically after the New Year, revolutionaries took to the streets and the government of nobles split. Half were pro-revolutionary and the others were fighting it. However it was obvious that things were leaning heavily on the revolutions side, and to add to the turmoil Austria and a few other countries were forming an alliance presumably to war with France. As tensions grew higher fear rose, Pitch and his army grew stronger and caused even more chaos in the streets. Jack and his father had an estate in England that they didn’t used very often, with the rising tensions they decided to use it a lot more now. Adam Wintercrest decided that he could help France best by working through contacts and by keeping his son out of the crossfire. Little did he know that beyond Jacks budding friendship with the beautiful Princess Elsa, Jack was deeply invested in several conflicts with several crossfire’s per night.

Outside the makings for a civil war, Jack and Elsa’s ‘almost’ relationship was the latest and greatest gossip. They were becoming good friends and Jack was feeling a similar connection between the two of them and sometimes mistook her for his Elsa. They were both beautiful, and smart, a little bit reclusive and wielded a lot of power they never asked for. They would call one another and talk on the phone for hours, drive around the country side in one of Elsa’s luxury cars, and have picnics in the kitchen with the servants. Nothing was out of reach for them but the world didn’t see it that way, they wondered how a reclusive French noble could draw the attention of the most clever woman in all of England.

Everything was going great he even caught her staring at him the way his Elsa used to. At least until they got word from France that the king had tried to escaped and was caught before he reached a port. People labeled him a traitor and deserter, he was called incompetent for his unsuccessful escape attempt. This created a vacuum of power within the government of France and a committee was temporarily formed to keep the peace. However this committee was dreadfully one-sided and was used by the revolutionaries for power. Soon anyone who opposed the revolution was punished, it wasn’t long before the jails and prisons were filled with “traitors”.

After a while a new solution was called for and the ancient guillotine was brought forth to begin a reign of terror upon France. At first only the worst criminals were sentenced death by the guillotine, but as the revolutionaries rose in power more and more anti-revolution nobles slipped under the radar and were executed. Once the people of France found out they called for more of their aristocrat oppressors to face the guillotine. After that everything spiraled out of control, hundreds were being put to death by the guillotine for being enemies of the revolution. The politics of France were raging with intrigue, betrayal, death, and rage.

Night was getting its darkest over France as Prince Hiccup son of Stoic, Lady Astrid and their families stood trial for conspiring with Austria for troops to stop the revolution. They were found guilty and were sentenced to death, and just as it seemed gloomiest for the royal family a new hope rose to oppose the bloody terror of the second revolution.

** ** **

Citizen Gaston sat in his office as pleased as he could ever been, it was early morning and the Royal Family of Stoic and Hiccup along with a few other traitors were to meet the Guillotine. Gaston had obtained the title of lead investigator for tracking down those who were against the revolution and bringing them to the justice of the guillotine.

A man burst into Gaston’s office.

“What is the meaning of this Citizen Stanley?” Gaston asked never looking up from his stack of papers.

“Citizen Gaston we have a problem.”

Gaston looked up from his desk, “What kind of problem?”

“The Royal Stoic family, they are gone.”

Gaston rose from his desk with the fury of a titan. “What!”

“A note was left for you at the scene.” Stanley held out a letter with Gaston’s name on the front.

“Give it here!” Gaston snatched the note and ripped it open…

Dear Our Most Respected Investigator Citizen Gaston,

We apologize for the inconvenience, but the Family is ours now. Please enjoy the clean cell, we left it spotless just for you.

As Gaston read the note, the layer of peculiar ice that obscured the bottom corner of the page melted to reveal the name ‘Frost’. Gaston crumpled the papers in his hand in his anger, they had stolen his prize captives out from under his nose.

“It was the English I know it, where did you find this note?” Gaston’s rage frightened the poor man.

“It was in the cell where the prisoners were being held.”

Gaston cursed loudly, “show me!”

***

Hey guys sorry this chapter was so short but I hope you liked it. Thanks for helping reach over six thousand reads. I will get the next chapter out as soon as I can like I said I am just getting over some writers block but thank you all for your support. In the meantime please check out my other stories, King of the Vale and my short story the candle man, I also started a writers blog or whatever with thoughts called Thought and Cogs.

We are reaching the climax of the France AU, I will be cutting parts that would probably just make it drag on so that I can get to some of the others. If you guys want to know what the next Universe is let me know, and keep some Disney /Pixar /DreamWorks etc... characters in mind all be asking for background characters and names to use for the next one.