The Doorway

"Elsa, I do not think you know what you are asking for." The Elder hoped against hope.

"I hurt people. I need a master to help me with my powers." Elsa did not expect this much resistance, but her mind was made up.

"Jack Frost is only a myth, we don't even know if he's real. If he is real, he is as likely to hurt you as he is train you." The elder urged. "He's dangerous and unruly. He can freeze an army in its tracks. He is unpredictable, as much a warrior as he is a prankster. He is also invisible, which makes finding him near impossible, and he never stays in the same place. Please princess, reconsider." The Elder pleaded.

"How do you know so much about him, and aren't I just as dangerous if not more so, and aren't I as equally unpredictable?" Elsa stated.

"Prin-"

"I have not made my decision lightly, and even if he is as dangerous as you claim, for my kingdom, I am willing to take that chance."

"I see there is no changing your mind, very well, we will help you." The elder gave in. He turned around and beckoned her to follow him. He spoke as they walked through the crowd.

"Finding him is beyond our power, but there is one who can. The distance to his workshop is far too great to get there by normal means. He is a good man he will be able to help you find Frost, but be careful around Frost there is no telling what could happen if you find him."

"Thank you for your help, and your concern." 

The elder sighed as they came upon a strange rock formation. Two large stones protruded from the ground into the air and formed a circle.

"There is one more thing you must know. This doorway only opens one way, which means you'll need someone else to send you back."

"What?" The idea of not returning had not occurred to her, even though she often thought about running away. Duty overcame her fears: she needed to do this. "Very well, open the doorway. By the way who is it that you are sending me to see?"

"They call him 'North,' are you sure there is nothing we can do to change to change my mind?" The elder asked gravely.

"Can you rid me of these powers?" Elsa said not even looking over at the troll, she already knew the answer.

"No..." The elder looked heartbroken.

It was the reason Elsa did not look at him, she needed to steel her resolve and she was already scared about leaving Anna alone. "Then open the doorway."

"As you wish, Your Majesty, good luck and may the stars watch over you." The elder waved his hand toward the rocks, and the space between them swirled with incredible energy.

Elsa stepped into the portal and felt herself swept away in the magic.